All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Beeps

(1/3) > >>

Ifti:
Around 2 weeks ago I started my car as normal, and got 4 quick, short beeps.
Nothing on the highline display.
No error lights etc.
Everything else was normal. The car still started perfectly fine and drove as per normal. So I ignored it.

Ever since then its been fine etc

Yesterday I had the same again when I started the car - but this time I think it was 5 beeps.
Nevertheless everything still starts and works as normal.

Today again, its been perfectly fine - no beeps at all.
Seems to just be random.

Any ideas?

VC:
i had a similar thing, turned out to be my phone connecting automatically via bluetooth to the headunit when i switched the ignition on, also beeps when i turn the car off and the phone disconnects. took me ages to work it out  :ashamed:

doesnt sound like the same thing but thought i would put that out there

Ifti:
I do have a Parrot Bluetooth - but that makes a completely different noise when connecting to it.

Im not too concerned with the beeps, since everything seems to be working normally. Just wondered what they were!

Greeners:
Is it a warning sound to notify you of a fault/misfire with the alarm system? Is the red LED on the door flashing when you disarm the alarm and open the door?

Just a thought?  :chicken:

Ifti:
Yup, red light on door flashes when alarmed as normal.
I know the alarm is working, as I left my daughter in the car as I went to pay for the fuel the other day, since the car was cool after the air con had been on. I always lock the car when I go to pay for the fuel.
I came back to the alarm going off!
So Im pretty sure the alarm is working.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version