All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Revo Trial Installed today!...

<< < (3/4) > >>

BeezerDiesel:
I think it's quite good marketing by REVO to only give you an 80% map, they're giving you something with a real improvement in feel over your standard ECU settings and the promise of even more if you hand their dealer your hard earned. Probably also reduces the chances of you complaining to them that something they've done had knackered your car during the trial!!! They don't want you disappearing for 5 hours then coming back with a knackered clutch if it was unbeknowingly a bit iffy anyway and you wanting recompense from something you hadn't paid for. Just a guess.

Been thinking about stumping up for REVO for my GTI to replace the soft re-map already on there. As a previous customer I really rate the product, but then again I've been offered a tempting deal on a Leon Cupra so may need to juggle finances a bit to make way for that (which incidentally would need a re-map as soon as I got it!!). Oh, and I need to find a good explanation to the wife before I can seriously chop the Golf in so REVOing the GTI may be the more likely option!  :scared: 

Peskarik:

--- Quote from: BeezerDiesel on July 04, 2009, 05:26:49 am ---I think it's quite good marketing by REVO to only give you an 80% map, they're giving you something with a real improvement in feel over your standard ECU settings and the promise of even more if you hand their dealer your hard earned. Probably also reduces the chances of you complaining to them that something they've done had knackered your car during the trial!!! They don't want you disappearing for 5 hours then coming back with a knackered clutch if it was unbeknowingly a bit iffy anyway and you wanting recompense from something you hadn't paid for. Just a guess.

Been thinking about stumping up for REVO for my GTI to replace the soft re-map already on there. As a previous customer I really rate the product, but then again I've been offered a tempting deal on a Leon Cupra so may need to juggle finances a bit to make way for that (which incidentally would need a re-map as soon as I got it!!). Oh, and I need to find a good explanation to the wife before I can seriously chop the Golf in so REVOing the GTI may be the more likely option!  :scared:  

--- End quote ---

With revo you'd be faster picking up food from supermarket. How about that for a reason?  :happy2:

BeezerDiesel:

--- Quote from: Peskarik on July 04, 2009, 10:59:59 am ---
--- Quote from: BeezerDiesel on July 04, 2009, 05:26:49 am ---I think it's quite good marketing by REVO to only give you an 80% map, they're giving you something with a real improvement in feel over your standard ECU settings and the promise of even more if you hand their dealer your hard earned. Probably also reduces the chances of you complaining to them that something they've done had knackered your car during the trial!!! They don't want you disappearing for 5 hours then coming back with a knackered clutch if it was unbeknowingly a bit iffy anyway and you wanting recompense from something you hadn't paid for. Just a guess.

Been thinking about stumping up for REVO for my GTI to replace the soft re-map already on there. As a previous customer I really rate the product, but then again I've been offered a tempting deal on a Leon Cupra so may need to juggle finances a bit to make way for that (which incidentally would need a re-map as soon as I got it!!). Oh, and I need to find a good explanation to the wife before I can seriously chop the Golf in so REVOing the GTI may be the more likely option!  :scared:  

--- End quote ---

With revo you'd be faster picking up food from supermarket. How about that for a reason?  :happy2:

--- End quote ---

LOL Nice effort! It's not the REVO I'd have trouble getting past her (I'd just say it was ''car repairs'') it's the change of car that would be difficult.  :happy2:

SO8:

--- Quote from: BeezerDiesel on July 04, 2009, 01:38:53 pm ---
--- Quote from: Peskarik on July 04, 2009, 10:59:59 am ---
--- Quote from: BeezerDiesel on July 04, 2009, 05:26:49 am ---I think it's quite good marketing by REVO to only give you an 80% map, they're giving you something with a real improvement in feel over your standard ECU settings and the promise of even more if you hand their dealer your hard earned. Probably also reduces the chances of you complaining to them that something they've done had knackered your car during the trial!!! They don't want you disappearing for 5 hours then coming back with a knackered clutch if it was unbeknowingly a bit iffy anyway and you wanting recompense from something you hadn't paid for. Just a guess.

Been thinking about stumping up for REVO for my GTI to replace the soft re-map already on there. As a previous customer I really rate the product, but then again I've been offered a tempting deal on a Leon Cupra so may need to juggle finances a bit to make way for that (which incidentally would need a re-map as soon as I got it!!). Oh, and I need to find a good explanation to the wife before I can seriously chop the Golf in so REVOing the GTI may be the more likely option!  :scared: 

--- End quote ---

With revo you'd be faster picking up food from supermarket. How about that for a reason?  :happy2:

--- End quote ---

LOL Nice effort! It's not the REVO I'd have trouble getting past her (I'd just say it was ''car repairs'') it's the change of car that would be difficult.  :happy2:

--- End quote ---

Get the switch and put it back to standard before she drives it .... done in seconds and she won't know the difference  :grin:

BeezerDiesel:
She's insured to drive my Ibiza GTI, but I don't let her near the Golf!

(Not a sexist comment either! It's true, she's just not confident with the Golf)

Need the excuse to buy the Cupra though, she's okay about getting a map on either car as I've had at least half a dozen remaps now on different cars)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version