All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Quick trip to the Pod
Hurdy:
:signLOL:
The missis got fed up with it in the house, so it has been tucked away under the house till I can get some time to get it sorted. Looking like Statller's may well fit it for me as they are based in Sheffield, so no big taxi bills :laugh:
I don't think it will give much on the 1/4 though as NeilM has one plus the same level of mods as mine and he only got 0.01 over me on the 1/4 at Inters. :smiley:
On a slighty different note.....
What tyres are you running Dom? How did they fare on the launch at the Pod?
jonnyc:
--- Quote from: Hurdy on July 06, 2009, 02:35:03 pm --- :signLOL:
The missis got fed up with it in the house, so it has been tucked away under the house till I can get some time to get it sorted. Looking like Statller's may well fit it for me as they are based in Sheffield, so no big taxi bills :laugh:
I don't think it will give much on the 1/4 though as NeilM has one plus the same level of mods as mine and he only got 0.01 over me on the 1/4 at Inters. :smiley:
On a slighty different note.....
What tyres are you running Dom? How did they fare on the launch at the Pod?
--- End quote ---
LSD doesn't really help much from a stand still.. And for reference I got a 2.26 60ft on my 12.60 run, so nothing wrong with your start really.. Considering im on 235 R888's..
Hurdy:
Yes, I'm considering going for some R888's. I'm just undecided as to whether or not to go for 235's or 225's. If I go for 235's I get nearly 20mm extra at each corner, but will need the adjustable top mounts to give me some negative camber, so I don't rub. :smiley: Also going for either VF or Vibratchnics engine mounts too.
I thought my mod list would get smaller as I bought stuff, but I just seem to find more options instead :laugh:
Hurdy:
--- Quote from: DomT on July 06, 2009, 04:33:13 pm ---Hahaha - woosh, the slope seems to be getting steeper John! I was running PS2's. I know I have loads of work to do on planting the power more progressively.Was definitely too over zealous with the right foot and even on the best run I got what I would consider to be excessive spin in 3rd. Pod did not seem that sticky at all on the start either on Saturday. Be interesting to see what times people got yesterday as conditions were much the same - including headwind.
--- End quote ---
You need some R888's, lightweight alloys and the GIAC/REVO DSG remapand you'll be in the low 13's :happy2:
Poppa Dom:
What did Ben have by way of mods on his car when he got low 13's?
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version