Make a donation

Author Topic: Down pipe + intake stage 2  (Read 1026 times)

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
Down pipe + intake stage 2
« on: July 05, 2009, 10:32:21 am »
Hi im thinking of just geting the milltek/apr down pipe and sports cat and leaving standard rear section with an uprated intake will this work? Would i have any issues?! And would i be loosing any performance and not just noise by keeping a standard cat back section? Also ive heard you some times get issues with evoms intake with  a ko3 car stage 2 is this correct?!

Cheers, mitch
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:33:54 am by MitchGTI »

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Down pipe + intake stage 2
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 10:41:42 am »
You will need to get a reducer sleeve to connect the milltek/apr down pipe to the standard cat back system. Guys in the US often do such mods. As for loss of performance, I guess that you'll potentially "lose" a little using the standard catback vs using an milltek/apr  one with the DP.

The issue with the Evoms can occur with both ko3 and k04 cars.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 11
Re: Down pipe + intake stage 2
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 10:45:32 am »
When I was thinking about doing similar mods a while ago (before my wife decided the money was going on housey type stuff  :sad: ) I spoke to REVO, JKM and Superchips.
Superchips said that it was fine for their version of stage 2 to just have the downpipe as it was that and the cat that made the biggest differences.
REVO and JKM both suggested that it wasn't actually all that necessary to go to stage 2 with those mods as they could tweak the stage 1 software settings to compensate for the improvements. They said with the full TBE it would make the most of the stage 2 software but with just the downpipe and cat it was still often within the parameters of stage 1.
So basically what we have here is tuners grade their software to their own specifications. As you already have Bluefin I'm sure they could sort you out with what they deem best and that would help keep costs down.
Andy
7R