All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

The search for lightweight alloys

<< < (4/14) > >>

Sunglasses Ron:
I remember weighing my 1.2's before I put tyres on them and they weighed 8.5kgs each, the Pescaras were just under 13kgs each if that helps..

Peskarik:

--- Quote from: Vtec Abuser on July 07, 2009, 08:44:14 pm ---I remember weighing my 1.2's before I put tyres on them and they weighed 8.5kgs each, the Pescaras were just under 13kgs each if that helps..

--- End quote ---

Anyone knows exactly how much 18-inch Monza II weighs?

Sunglasses Ron:
About 1340kgs...  :grin: They're the bling rim don't you know..

keith:
I do understand the whole weight saving scenario but I would rather buy a set of alloys i liked that met some of the criteria and then shed weight from other parts of the car and save some of that £2k for other mods.

Peskarik:

--- Quote from: Vtec Abuser on July 07, 2009, 08:52:33 pm ---About 1340kgs...  :grin: They're the bling rim don't you know..

--- End quote ---

I love my black Monzas!  :happy2:
But I want to change my alloys, that'll be first time for me, might as well do it right!  :smiley:
Forged are too expensive. I may have considered Neuspeed forged alloys, but there are no distributors in Switzerland, and ordering from UK will be expensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version