All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

The search for lightweight alloys

<< < (2/14) > >>

JPC:
those look the biz

tony_danza:
If its purely for handling/weight - drop down to 17"s instead  :happy2:

I think you'd struggle to justify £2k+ for a very small drop in weight over your pro-races??

jonnyc:

--- Quote from: tony_danza on July 07, 2009, 03:04:56 pm ---If its purely for handling/weight - drop down to 17"s instead  :happy2:

I think you'd struggle to justify £2k+ for a very small drop in weight over your pro-races??

--- End quote ---

That was what I was going to do but you need to find a 17x8 or 8.5 wheel which isn't easy..

Sunglasses Ron:

--- Quote from: tony_danza on July 07, 2009, 03:04:56 pm ---If its purely for handling/weight - drop down to 17"s instead  :happy2:

I think you'd struggle to justify £2k+ for a very small drop in weight over your pro-races??

--- End quote ---
What Tony said..

Hurdy:
17" will not fit over my 10 pots :sad: otherwise I would :happy2:

The Pro Race's weigh 3stone 3.5lb each with the tyres

The Volks would weigh 2stone 9.8lb each with tyres.

A saving of 7.7lb at each corner which is the equivalent of taking 185lb of static weight from the bodywork.  :surprised:

The Allegerita's are about 7.8kg per wheel for the 8 x 18 = 17.2lb :smiley: but a little better looking 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version