All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
The search for lightweight alloys
Top Cat:
--- Quote from: Hurdy on July 15, 2009, 04:23:34 pm ---
Just got back from the shop and already bought mine :ashamed: :evilgrin:
£1,100 for the wheels, tyres, balancing, fitment, tuner bolts and locking bolts.
I personally didn't mind paying a little extra for the tyres, as it is a 1 stop shop for me :happy2:
I'm still happy to sort a group buy session for alloys/ alloys & tyres if you want though :happy2:
He didn't have the alloys in stock and neither do Rimstock, but they will still only take around 3 weeks to make & deliver :jumping:
The satin black 8 x 17's are in stock, but I stuck to my guns for the sake of the smaller weight :party:
I can't see these tyres lasting too long if I use them on the road though :evilgrin:
--- End quote ---
I take it you mean by the hi-lighted section above the OEM bolts dont fit with these rims.
And did you go for the 7.5 or 8.0j wheel and what what tyre size did you plump for. :smiley:
Hurdy:
--- Quote from: Top Cat on July 15, 2009, 04:43:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: Hurdy on July 15, 2009, 04:23:34 pm ---
Just got back from the shop and already bought mine :ashamed: :evilgrin:
£1,100 for the wheels, tyres, balancing, fitment, tuner bolts and locking bolts.
I personally didn't mind paying a little extra for the tyres, as it is a 1 stop shop for me :happy2:
I'm still happy to sort a group buy session for alloys/ alloys & tyres if you want though :happy2:
He didn't have the alloys in stock and neither do Rimstock, but they will still only take around 3 weeks to make & deliver :jumping:
The satin black 8 x 17's are in stock, but I stuck to my guns for the sake of the smaller weight :party:
I can't see these tyres lasting too long if I use them on the road though :evilgrin:
--- End quote ---
I take it you mean by the hi-lighted section above the OEM bolts dont fit with these rims.
And did you go for the 7.5 or 8.0j wheel and what what tyre size did you plump for. :smiley:
--- End quote ---
The OEM bolts will fit, but they it is a little tight in there and the tuner bolts give you the advantage of using a spigot adapter that means you are less likely to give the alloys a rash from the wheel brace :smiley:
I went for the 7.5j alloys as they do save that crucial 0.8kg (1.76lb a corner) which equates to a 16kg deadweight saving over the 8x18 TDPR alloys and a mahooosive 77kg of deadweight over the MonzaII's/Pescara's. :evilgrin:
Tyre size was 225/45/17's which has the all important extra 6mm cross section benefit over the 225/40/18 R888's :drool:
He just happens to have 10 9 sets of these tyres IN STOCK too. :jumping:
Unfortunately he is selling them individually (although fitted and balanced) at £175 each :surprised:
Wish I didn't have to wait for them making though :sad1:
Top Cat:
I think i will go for the 7.5 as well when you say tight do you mean the actual bolt space around the head.
And who cares about scratches from the wheel brace. I will be quite happy to stop parking in the middle of the road trying to protect the monza's and works :laugh:
Think i might just clip a few curbs for the fun of it. :driver:
The wheel man:
--- Quote from: Top Cat on July 15, 2009, 05:10:25 pm ---I think i will go for the 7.5 as well when you say tight do you mean the actual bolt space around the head.
And who cares about scratches from the wheel brace. I will be quite happy to stop parking in the middle of the road trying to protect the monza's and works :laugh:
Think i might just clip a few curbs for the fun of it. :driver:
--- End quote ---
could even shave a few gramm off the weight :laugh: remember, every ounce counts!!! :signLOL:
Hurdy:
--- Quote from: Top Cat on July 15, 2009, 05:10:25 pm ---I think i will go for the 7.5 as well when you say tight do you mean the actual bolt space around the head.
And who cares about scratches from the wheel brace. I will be quite happy to stop parking in the middle of the road trying to protect the monza's and works :laugh:
Think i might just clip a few curbs for the fun of it. :driver:
--- End quote ---
Yes, the bolt space around the head is tight. I haven't used the OEM bolts in there as I decided to go for the tuner bolts straight away on the 18's I have and it was a natural progression to do the same on the 17's :happy2:
What colour are you going for though TC? The gloss black would look great against the white on your car anyway, but a white on white combo could look good too :jumping:
--- Quote from: The wheel man on July 15, 2009, 05:46:45 pm ---could even shave a few gramm off the weight :laugh: remember, every ounce counts!!! :signLOL:
--- End quote ---
Nooo! it makes me shudder just thinking about kerbing alloys, let alone actually doing it :sick:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version