All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Miltek cat back

<< < (4/7) > >>

Top Cat:

--- Quote from: big al on July 11, 2009, 10:13:06 am ---I just sorted a deal out with a guy on e bay selling his exhaust as I have been messed around a few times on e bay lately,
Twin exhausts, not used on his car £200, sounds like a deal to me. SO do these actually add much power to the car, or do they just look nice and make a nice sound?
How easy are they to fit?

--- End quote ---

What twin exhaust are you meaning.  :chicken:

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: no golf clubs at all on July 11, 2009, 06:01:15 am ---
I've got milly quad tails. Still no louder really, sometimes I drive with the windows down explicitly to hear her. Especially through tunnels, then it's very very cool. Think it needs the hi flow and down pipe to make it louder.


--- End quote ---

....Yes, the Y-configuration quad pipes don't make any significant sound difference. However, the virtually empty rear box plus independent quad pipes make a huge difference - Such that a small resonator box is necessary.

When I'm ready, Milltek are going to build me a slightly louder resonator box to test but I want to get used to the sound mix with my new engine mounts first. Milltek will then subsequently be able to publicly offer two versions of 'loudness' in their usual way.

Linky : - Milltek - Pre-production - Review....

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: big al on July 11, 2009, 10:13:06 am ---
SO do these actually add much power to the car, or do they just look nice and make a nice sound?


--- End quote ---

....The Milltek system only makes a significant addition/contribution to power when you have the TBE (High-flow cat) AND you have a remap. The ordinary cat-back will improve throttle response and possibly add 2 or 3 bhp but for performance you need a TBE (includes downpipe) AND a reputable remap (from a tuner whom Milltek have tested with).

HTH :happy2:

CarrG:
I find my tbe non res milly really loud! Am i just getting old?  :laugh:

no golf clubs at all:
^^^Have you got a hole in it? duh what do I know  :signLOL:

one of these days I'm gonna off the quads and stump up for a twin, with of course an ed30 rear me thinks. ......

Just a mad thought..could I cut and seal one of the outlets thereby leaving a twin in situ? Or is that totally mental **runs away waving arms like a gay man*** sorry just thinking out loud....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version