All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Customer Service, Relationships, and Expectations....

<< < (3/18) > >>

Tarmac_Terrorist:
I tend to find my expectations change depending on the seriousness of the nature of my enquiry / complaint. My expectation and patience also varies depending on how busy I am too. I often find myself trying to sort out an issue car related or otherwise, which has arisen unexpectedly and trying to resolve this whilst extremely busy at work and see the issue as an interuption to my day.

Customer service is one of those things which can be debated all day but I do feel that on the whole, too many companies pay lip service to it. I also feel that companies are far too profit orientated and poor customer service is largely down to employing too few people and individuals who are not empowered to make decisions.

I can totally see and understand why people expect top quality service; I guess I am one of these people. I am more than happy to purchase goods / use a competitor who will offer me quality service over those that can't or choose not to. In the past I have had new unreliable cars requiring serious ongoing attention to address and rectify issues but excellent service from the dealer made it much less of a problem.

Companies make a strategic decision to sell their poducts or offer a service. They don't offer these any cheaper for not providing good aftersales service.





RedRobin:

--- Quote from: Top Cat on July 13, 2009, 10:44:08 pm ---Robin i really have tried resisting biting onto this but i cant.

That is the biggest load of Utter bollocks i have ever heard on this forum.

Shall we start a thread where people can right out there true dealings with these couple of companies, i think it would be interesting to see if the rest of the forum found there expectations to be to high. We could make it a sticky at the top of the general section so everyday we can all see those silly fools who expected to much.  :innocent:

Honestly Robin i Like you a lot but this is becoming very tiresome. 

--- End quote ---

....I love you too, TC,  :grin: but why do you absolutely insist on thinking that this topic is referring to two particular companies rather than a broad discussion or debate on Customer Service, Relationships, and Expectations as the topic's title?

Yes, it was originally inspired by all that stuff written which was off-topic in the other thread - It brought up an interesting subject. Okay, but if it's so tiresome to you, why post in it?

Hey! Come on! There's loads of threads on this site in which people are writing "utter bollox". Besides what's utter bollox for you isn't necessarily utter bollox to someone else.

:smiley:


 

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: Tarmac_Terrorist on July 13, 2009, 11:01:30 pm ---
I tend to find my expectations change depending on the seriousness of the nature of my enquiry / complaint. My expectation and patience also varies depending on how busy I am too. I often find myself trying to sort out an issue car related or otherwise, which has arisen unexpectedly and trying to resolve this whilst extremely busy at work and see the issue as an interuption to my day.

Customer service is one of those things which can be debated all day but I do feel that on the whole, too many companies pay lip service to it. I also feel that companies are far too profit orientated and poor customer service is largely down to employing too few people and individuals who are not empowered to make decisions.

I can totally see and understand why people expect top quality service; I guess I am one of these people. I am more than happy to purchase goods / use a competitor who will offer me quality service over those that can't or choose not to. In the past I have had new unreliable cars requiring serious ongoing attention to address and rectify issues but excellent service from the dealer made it much less of a problem.

Companies make a strategic decision to sell their poducts or offer a service. They don't offer these any cheaper for not providing good aftersales service.


--- End quote ---

^^^^
Spot on!! :happy2: But it does sound as if you exercise a degree of tolerance and understanding.

It's definitely in the best interests of every company to achieve real customer service but even the best will have hiccups occasionally or have difficulty balancing it with sudden demand and other factors.

Sometimes one comes across a company which has first-class customer service but rubbish product - As a customer I prefer the other way around if I had to make a choice.

Top Cat:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on July 13, 2009, 11:14:42 pm ---
....I love you too, TC,  :grin: but why do you absolutely insist on thinking that this topic is referring to two particular companies rather than a broad discussion or debate on Customer Service, Relationships, and Expectations as the topic's title?

 

--- End quote ---

You just carry on Robin Its all good  :evilgrin:

VC:
a thread like this is never going to be pretty  :ashamed:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version