All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Customer Service, Relationships, and Expectations....

<< < (5/18) > >>

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: Tarmac_Terrorist on July 13, 2009, 11:44:13 pm ---
If I recall correctly Robin , you ran your own company, worked very long hours and enjoyed limited leisure time prior to retiring.

I am assuming you have more leisure time now so have you found your tollerance / expectation of service different to perhaps when you were working under pressure and very busy? I'm just wondering if this has a significant impact on expectations?


--- End quote ---

....You recall correctly. Had my own limited company with a member of the Royal Family on the board, worked 24/7 from a studio next door to my home in Chelsea. I treated everybody, no matter who they were, in the same way I wished to be treated myself (exactly as maxitrol says). Customer service was always important and sometimes I was good at it and other times I wasn't but I was always honest about it.

I think it's the whole of life's experiences which forms someone's expectations but also mixed with upbringing and personal character. I really don't approve of the cut-throat business world and what it can instill in people, but what goes around comes around.

I've always been fairly laid back (drugs helped!) but have always enjoyed excellent relationships with people and companies - Afterall, all my clients were companies (including Horrids, Steve) and I worked with top management and workers.

I'm not much different now except what I view as more important in life.


--- Quote from: Tarmac_Terrorist on July 13, 2009, 11:44:13 pm ---
 :surprised: I can't believe some people's posts on this thread, some very harsh. I lurk quit a bit on this forum but as I don't mod (oem freak  :grin:), I have less to contribute on some posts than many of you guys probably do. Why are people assuming that Robin is on some kind of a personal mission for starting a new thread for this? Surely it's something which affects us all most of the time. Nowhere in this thread has Robin tried to defend any company, instead suggesting the issue of service is debated.


--- End quote ---

....Well, that is how I saw it too, although I anticipated some people might unfortunately take umbrage (tee hee :evilgrin:). I do stand accused of "defending" a couple of companies in particular but I have no vested interests (contrary to what others insist on believing) and only seek fairness and balance.

Still, I'm old enough and ugly enough not to be too bothered by others - We all have our differing views - Who the feck cares anyway! It's actually quite funny at times and healthy to stir it up.

:happy2: :drinking:

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: Top Cat on July 14, 2009, 12:05:05 am ---
To be fare the thread is not about a customer satisfaction survey its about Robin. He cleverly dresses it up that way, but the bottom line is he simply cant bare to see a bad word said about Milltek or VWR. Which is fine its his prerogative. what we are trying to get across is by doing this every time he actually makes trivial situations worse.
This whole thread is just a facade to try and detract from his compulsion to interfere when you mention them.  :love:

Edit im off to bed.  :drinking:


--- End quote ---

....Now it's you who are talking utter bollox :grin:

That's simply not true! You just can't have bothered to read my posts fully. I'm not going to do a tedious Tuetonic_Tamer and present a lengthy dissection of quotes, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, matey, and say you're just taking the piss and trying to wind me up.

If not, you have an issue in modifying your views once you have decided something, whether you were right or wrong - Tut-tut.

Sleep well! :grin:

pazz:

--- Quote from: Top Cat on July 14, 2009, 12:05:05 am ---but the bottom line is he simply cant bare to see a bad word said about Milltek or VWR.
--- End quote ---

As a relative infrequent poster to this forum, I must say that this is not far off my judgement of the user RedRobin.

I am all for brand whoring, but this has been taken to a new level.

Non-Executive Director perhaps?  :signLOL:

neg:
We can all get a bit passionate when we have a good experience and can't understand others that dont but it does happen.

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: pazz on July 14, 2009, 12:43:24 am ---
--- Quote from: Top Cat on July 14, 2009, 12:05:05 am ---but the bottom line is he simply cant bare to see a bad word said about Milltek or VWR.
--- End quote ---

As a relative infrequent poster to this forum, I must say that this is not far off my judgement of the user RedRobin.

I am all for brand whoring, but this has been taken to a new level.

Non-Executive Director perhaps?  :signLOL:

--- End quote ---

.... :laugh:

No, I'm just an enthusiast and, as such, I enthusiastically share my views (which you are free to take or leave) about various aspects of the Mk5 GTI and the various modifications and related subjects. When I'm enthusiastic about something/someone, I share it - Networking and sharing is what forums are about, yes?

I was under the impression that my posted reviews (in which I mention company names! Ooooo!) were liked and appreciated.

Oh, and I do help people too - Somehow I've collected 25 Thank You's to date.

But I'm not perfect. :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version