All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Customer Service, Relationships, and Expectations....

<< < (7/18) > >>

no golf clubs at all:
Guys I take a less emotional and more process orientated view of customer service.

In the UK I believe we are still years behind the states. Companies including the above have still to work out the true correlation between customer satisfaction, loyalty and profits. 

Often it can be a simple matter of designing and continually reviewing Internal processes and procedures to ensure and assure the whole customer experience.

Our companies don't think customer, they might say they do but when a customer has a problem or needs information quick they often do not have the infrastructure set up to cope with it. If companies want to enter the mass Market they have to ensure they can cope with all that demands. Else sorry tales of being stranded in France reverberate around the web for years to come.   

.." if you can wow them with an unforgettable experience, you'll win unprecedented loyalty." check out management guru Tom Peters on the subject.

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: SteveP on July 14, 2009, 06:30:14 am ---
It is irrelevant if I take this post personally or not, I will deal with things how I see fit with the best interests of the site in mind only.

You are free, as any other member is, to post what you like on the site and as long as it falls within the site guidelines which you agreed to up on registering for an account.


--- End quote ---

....Thankyou, Steve - I take my hat off to how calm and objective you are regarding what you consider to be in the best interests of this site - You are very consistent in that. Some other site Admins/Moderators would have been more draconian.

It's inevitable, if we are human, that words can be taken personally whether intended or not. If you say you've lost respect for me (as you did) I have no choice but to take that personally. I always seek to diffuse any resulting friction (hence my last post addressed to you) but will always defend my beliefs/opinions. But I still strive to remain open to modifying them.

I can only say that what I write on this site is only intended to contribute, share and network, even if it is occasionally provocative to some others - The only way I can stop that is by either not posting much at all or by not being my true self. I see nothing wrong with provoking debate/discussion which sometimes inevitably include a conflict of views - It's how we learn (if we are prepared to modify our views). I drive a bright red car remember!

[Rushes off to read the site guidelines to see what I agreed to! If I can find them.]

8)

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: stokeballoon on July 14, 2009, 08:11:34 am ---
If you take a customers money, you play by the customers rules.

Big boys rules.  Simple as.

Some companies would do well to realise that.


--- End quote ---

....Unfortunately that's often how things are - A potentially 'Us vs Them' attitude which is counter productive whichever party is wearing the boot.

I prefer to advocate an attitude which is more sympathetic by encouraging a working relationship which is sympathetic to the other. So that suppliers do their best to satisfy customers and customers do their best to understand the problems of suppliers.

Too many people start off with the attitude that they have sweated blood and tears for their money and that every supplier is a stealer. It's not relevant how someone acquires their money. In my past I've made thousands on just one phone call, hundreds gambling at The Playboy, and also worked nights at minimum wage - The degree of red carpet treatment I might get when I spend my money makes no difference.

Most companies do their utmost to satisfy their customers though some just pay lip service to it.

I don't advocate or support a hard-nosed, cold-hearted approach and think it's tragic that the Thatcher years promoted such attitudes (and I am a Tory at heart and have never voted Labour, or Liberal).

neg:
You have to admit though - a degree of red carpet treatment when spending your hard earnt does go a long way in making that parting easier.  Also comes down to leaving your pride and joy with someone who you feel will look after it like you do and not someone who's just doing there 'job'.

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: no golf clubs at all on July 14, 2009, 08:12:47 am ---
Guys I take a less emotional and more process orientated view of customer service.

In the UK I believe we are still years behind the states. Companies including the above have still to work out the true correlation between customer satisfaction, loyalty and profits.  

Often it can be a simple matter of designing and continually reviewing Internal processes and procedures to ensure and assure the whole customer experience.

Our companies don't think customer, they might say they do but when a customer has a problem or needs information quick they often do not have the infrastructure set up to cope with it. If companies want to enter the mass Market they have to ensure they can cope with all that demands. Else sorry tales of being stranded in France reverberate around the web for years to come.    

.." if you can wow them with an unforgettable experience, you'll win unprecedented loyalty." check out management guru Tom Peters on the subject.


--- End quote ---

....Those companies across the pond in the good old U S of A who are good at customer service are exemplary and second to none. However, my experience is that they are not ALL like that at all. The good ones help the reputation of all though.

Yes, infrastructures do need setting up but they don't happen overnight.

All of us can learn by our mistakes (if we allow ourselves to). In fact, that's often how we learn and improve.

:happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version