All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Customer Service, Relationships, and Expectations....
CocoPops:
Shame I'm posting on my phone, could have said a lot in this thread.
I've not read the thread to which this is linked, but my gearbox one is closely linked I'm sure.
I've said before, but will say again. I do find RR's comments to be very opinionated and sometimes blinkered and I see the same sentiments here as well.
It's a shame, but I do read a number of comments now wondering what the personal gain of the poster is as the comments almost seem to be given oblivious to the fact there are issues.
We all have different expectations, but unless there are favours to be done, everything costs money and a service of reasonable quality is deserved.
I've said enough for now, I can only read a few words at a time in the "posting box" on the phone, so I hope it makes sense!
Lee
markymark:
Lee, you above all people have the biggest axe to grind and im still amazed at your patience in all of this. If I were you I would have parked my motor up at VWR's door and jumped up and down until it was fixed.
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: neg on July 14, 2009, 09:02:05 am ---
You have to admit though - a degree of red carpet treatment when spending your hard earnt does go a long way in making that parting easier.
Also comes down to leaving your pride and joy with someone who you feel will look after it like you do and not someone who's just doing there 'job'.
--- End quote ---
....Absolutely! We all love to be royally treated. But I don't have a problem parting with money when I like the results - That's what money is for (imo).
Leaving, and so trusting, my car with someone I know loves cars as much as I do is possibly more important than anything else. More important than the level of customer service, more important than how cheap it costs.
I trust all my regular suppliers (many more than just two unnamed companies :wink:) to test drive or deliver my car for example.
:happy2:
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: markymark on July 14, 2009, 09:19:00 am ---
Lee, you above all people have the biggest axe to grind and im still amazed at your patience in all of this. If I were you I would have parked my motor up at VWR's door and jumped up and down until it was fixed.
--- End quote ---
....That's as may be, but the intention of this topic I started was to discuss customer service generally and not stir up individual case issues with named references to particular companies which has been so extensively done elsewhere on this site already and tends to degenerate into too much friction and sparks. I hear the words "utter bollox!" resounding in the distance!
There's already a thread open on Lee's particular issue but I agree that he has exercised patience - Perhaps he believes it's the best way forward.
:happy2:
QD MBE:
I have personal experience of some of the best tuning Companies standards, and all I can say is that they would not survive in the aviation world.
one such company are improving their standards, and I take my hat off to them. :happy2:
I currently have an issue, that should be sorted soon, which was the result (for whatever reason) of very poor workmanship, which subsequently caused damage to my car.
I have had fairly good dialogue with the said company, which interestingly has got much better of late, the reason behind that improvement - I have my thoughts, but that is where they will stay.
There is a lot of smoke and mirrors with some companies, all that you see is not quite what you see. You pays your money and takes your choice, I have very high standards (TC be quiet!), and expect the same in return, wrong? Not in my eyes, i paid hard earned for my car, and expect it to be cared for as I would care for it.
In short, whatever the company and its other activities, IF you venture into the mainstream customer marketplace, you need good customer service, or it will permanently damage your standing.
The Customer does, and always will come first, they pay the bills.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version