All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Customer Service, Relationships, and Expectations....

<< < (10/18) > >>

QD MBE:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on July 14, 2009, 09:53:34 am ---
--- Quote from: CocoPops on July 14, 2009, 09:13:31 am ---
Shame I'm posting on my phone, could have said a lot in this thread.

I've not read the thread to which this is linked, but my gearbox one is closely linked I'm sure.

I've said before, but will say again. I do find RR's comments to be very opinionated and sometimes blinkered and I see the same sentiments here as well.

It's a shame, but I do read a number of comments now wondering what the personal gain of the poster is as the comments almost seem to be given oblivious to the fact there are issues.

We all have different expectations, but unless there are favours to be done, everything costs money and a service of reasonable quality is deserved.

I've said enough for now, I can only read a few words at a time in the "posting box" on the phone, so I hope it makes sense!

Lee


--- End quote ---

....Yes, it all makes sense, Lee :happy2:

Indeed we do all have differing expectations but we all wish for a service of reasonable quality, as you say.

This topic is NOT about yours or anyone else's individual issue - It's been prompted by known issues but is a general discussion (or intended to be!). Perhaps I should I add a huge heading in capital letters about this point!

You could call anyone opinionated who bothers to express their opinions strongly, and especially if you don't happen to agree. If you read my original post here (and I don't assume you either want to or have time to) I hope you will understand me better.

There are issues - Issues with my 'favourite' suppliers even! I don't know a single supplier which I can't criticise and point at issues.

Why do some people have to translate absolutely everything into terms of costing money. And, equally, why do some people think that nothing is done without a favour being expected. Hey! I'm the guy who gave Dave a free ride (except for food and 50% accommodation) to Nurburgring without expecting any return favours. It was my way of doing something for a guy who'd just done a hard tour of duty in a war zone. Don't worry, Dave, you're not my bitch! My attitude is that someone else may do me a favour in life sometime - Or not as the case may be.

Thanks for posting, Lee - Appreciated  :happy2:

--- End quote ---

The point above is the crux IMO, There will always be cock-ups, it is how we learn, and recover from these CU's that is the real issue.  presuming you give the Co chance to rectify, as in my case.

I am happy with the way that the company are dealing with the issue, and cannot ask anymore.  I could have posted up for the world to see, but wanted to give the company the oppurtunity to rectify the mistake.

I expect the best, and i am very careful about where i place an order.

We are afterall only human, I appreciate RR reviews/posts, but I am an individual, capable of thought, and i make my own mind up, and my experiences will directly affect my future thoughts.

4 years ago, i would not have touched my local dealer, but a change of management, and a change of direction within the dealership, and the return to real world values, of customer experience mean that i will continue to be acustomer of theirs.

Throughout the thread, is the message - we are all  individuals, and please make your own mind up, the WWW is a very powerful tool, and positive and negative reviews can have a profound effect on business, never before have customer service reviews been so accessible.

 :happy2:
 

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: stokeballoon on July 14, 2009, 11:37:34 am ---
..the WWW is a very powerful tool, and positive and negative reviews can have a profound effect on business, never before have customer service reviews been so accessible.

:happy2:

--- End quote ---

....So true - The power of word-of-mouth.

This is exactly why I seek to balance negative by adding positive (and occasionally vica-versa), but ONLY when my experiences have been positive. I know that everyone will make up their own minds regardless of my contribution - That's how it should be.

[Now do you understand where I'm coming from with what you call my blind utter bollox defences of x and y suppliers etc, TC and SteveP and anyone else who thinks the same?]

tony_danza:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on July 14, 2009, 11:33:52 am ---
--- Quote from: tony_danza on July 14, 2009, 11:17:36 am ---
And finally going on to recommending people. I'll sing the praises of a company/product all day long - I will never defend them against somone else's complaint though. As soon as I see people taking a personal interest in something that has nothing to do with them directly, I get the impression (rightly or wrongly) that they have been 'bought off', and concequently they lose  credibility in my eyes in terms of being relied upon for an honest opinion.


--- End quote ---

....Yes, I can see that some people might easily interpret some of my posts as defending a favourite supplier against someone else's complaint. In truth, rightly or wrongly, I only ever seek to bring balance to issues IF, and only IF, my own experience has been different and not doing so might result in unfair bias and unjustified damage to reputation.

I do assure you that no-one has bought me off but it's of course it's up to others how they decide to judge my credibility or my honesty.

:happy2:

--- End quote ---

It wasn't a direct go at you, Robin - there's plenty guilty of it.

You've got to learn to step back and stay out of it... that problem with Milltek for example where you were posting on their behalf, having discussed someone else's complaint was far and away the worst example I've seen.  I know it's easy to feel emotionally attached, but unless you're being paid to deal with matters on their behalf, then it really is none of your business.

If you feel it is unjustified, the truth will always come out in time, these people are big money making outfits run by adults. They will always take action to defend themselves against lies on any scale, from discrediting the person correctly and rightly or by more extreme means - after all, everything posted on a public forum is perfectly acceptable evidence in a court of law.

If it is justified, the more people stay out of the mix and leave them to get on with resolving the matter, the better. You measure people on how they deal with problems, not how they do things right.

For what it's worth, I don't think you've been 'bought off', prehaps a little blinkered and needing taking with a pinch of salt on occasion, but certainly not dishonest. I just think you're too nice for your own good and take things like this personally, when you shouldn't.



CocoPops:
What Tony said :)

RedRobin:
^^^^
Thankyou, tony_d :happy2:

I didn't think you were having a go at me but it was a good opportunity for me to say things I wanted to say.

Just like any company, I have a reputation too and don't like to be misjudged unfairly or wrongly.

I take your advice onboard. Now, where did I leave the salt? :grin:

:drinking:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version