All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Customer Service, Relationships, and Expectations....
Tarmac_Terrorist:
--- Quote from: Top Cat on July 14, 2009, 12:05:05 am ---To be fare the thread is not about a customer satisfaction survey its about Robin. He cleverly dresses it up that way, but the bottom line is he simply cant bare to see a bad word said about Milltek or VWR. Which is fine its his prerogative. what we are trying to get across is by doing this every time he actually makes trivial situations worse.
This whole thread is just a facade to try and detract from his compulsion to interfere when you mention them. :love:
Edit im off to bed. :drinking:
--- End quote ---
Hmm, in your opinion Top Cat.
I've been involved in many many threads on other forums and to be fair Robin makes valuable and accurate contribution. He states his opinion and defends it as he has done in this and other related threads. I don't see why this is (in my humble opinion) misconstrued as a thread about Robin and some kind of personal mission. :confused:
OK, I agree that Robin perhaps does defend these companies strongly but I see this more as brand loyalty and the "compulsion to interefere" you refer to as genuine help / support / personal opinion. Many people will argue politics in a similar way.
I do understand why this thread has attracted these comments but trying look subjectively at all this, I find this an interesting thread as someone who would expect a high degree of customer service / support should I mod my car and use any of the said tuners / suppliers. It's interesting that in recent years garages have been trying to improve customer service after years of perceived bad reputation yet here we are with specialist companies with great reputations for developing products that work well (most the time!) are prepared to let themselves down on the service front. In some cases all that is required is to employ a single person, say £17k per year to manage customer contact / complaints. It's always nice to know your complaint or request is being considered even if an immediate answer / resolution is not possible. :smiley:
Phil Mcavity:
--- Quote from: Tarmac_Terrorist on July 14, 2009, 02:06:49 pm ---
--- Quote from: Top Cat on July 14, 2009, 12:05:05 am ---To be fare the thread is not about a customer satisfaction survey its about Robin. He cleverly dresses it up that way, but the bottom line is he simply cant bare to see a bad word said about Milltek or VWR. Which is fine its his prerogative. what we are trying to get across is by doing this every time he actually makes trivial situations worse.
This whole thread is just a facade to try and detract from his compulsion to interfere when you mention them. :love:
Edit im off to bed. :drinking:
--- End quote ---
Hmm, in your opinion Top Cat.
I've been involved in many many threads on other forums and to be fair Robin makes valuable and accurate contribution. He states his opinion and defends it as he has done in this and other related threads. I don't see why this is (in my humble opinion) misconstrued as a thread about Robin and some kind of personal mission. :confused:
OK, I agree that Robin perhaps does defend these companies strongly but I see this more as brand loyalty and the "compulsion to interefere" you refer to as genuine help / support / personal opinion. Many people will argue politics in a similar way.
I do understand why this thread has attracted these comments but trying look subjectively at all this, I find this an interesting thread as someone who would expect a high degree of customer service / support should I mod my car and use any of the said tuners / suppliers. It's interesting that in recent years garages have been trying to improve customer service after years of perceived bad reputation yet here we are with specialist companies with great reputations for developing products that work well (most the time!) are prepared to let themselves down on the service front. In some cases all that is required is to employ a single person, say £17k per year to manage customer contact / complaints. It's always nice to know your complaint or request is being considered even if an immediate answer / resolution is not possible. :smiley:
--- End quote ---
Tough job being a moderator isnt it.
We all have different levels of expectations of service from one company to another. Again i work for a Leading Television company and the customer ALWAYS comes first. It is a very sad state of affairs today that companys ARE having to cost cut and would appear cut corners whenever and wherever possible Without hoping not to tread on someones toes.
This Topic has no right or wrong answers and can rumble on for ever.Perhaps its best left for the O.P to close with his own thoughts and be locked down afterwards (again hopefully without upsetting anyone wanting to talk about customer service expectations.)
Hurdy:
OMG :scared: What have I just read?!!!
I'll have to be particularly blunt on this one.
Poor service/workmanship pisses me off and I tend to vote with my feet and take my wallet elsewhere.
There are plenty of companies that can supply me, some I've tried and some I've yet to try. I would never dream of slating a business I haven't used, but I will name and shame those I have had poor dealings with and by the same respect praise those I have been happy with - It is my goddam prerogative!
Now the "other" issue
I've always found Robin to be fair in his approach to the subjects he posts in/on/about. I don't always agree, but like most people on here I hope they can at least see the point he is trying to get across and why. A thread like this, following on from another can be seen as inflammatory, but that is most likely the polar opposite of what Robin is trying to do. I saw this thread as diffusing an issue on another thread to bring it to an independant area for discussion on a different level.
:grouphug:
Edition30:
--- Quote from: RedRobin on July 13, 2009, 09:42:14 pm ---Didn't your mother teach you that you'll always get more from using honey than vinegar?
--- End quote ---
No.
--- Quote from: Top Cat on July 13, 2009, 10:44:08 pm ---Utter bollocks
--- End quote ---
Please don't swear.
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: Hurdy on July 14, 2009, 02:37:09 pm ---
Now the "other" issue
I've always found Robin to be fair in his approach to the subjects he posts in/on/about. I don't always agree, but like most people on here I hope they can at least see the point he is trying to get across and why.
A thread like this, following on from another can be seen as inflammatory, but that is most likely the polar opposite of what Robin is trying to do. I saw this thread as diffusing an issue on another thread to bring it to an independant area for discussion on a different level.
:grouphug:
--- End quote ---
....Exactly! I will accept being accused of being provocative (though not provocatively dressed) but it was not my intention to be inflammatory (much as I love fire). Diffusing friction while standing up for myself, moving it for further discussion while also respecting the original topic of the other thread was certainly my conscious intention.
:drinking:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version