Make a donation

Author Topic: how easy is it??  (Read 11318 times)

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
how easy is it??
« on: November 27, 2008, 10:09:06 am »
to fit an exhaust your self?? im sure mat will know what has to be done! il be ordering a milltek next week so was just wondering if i could fit it myself? i have axel stands and tools, no ramp thow  :smiley:

any help appreciated  :happy2:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: how easy is it??
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 10:14:13 am »
to fit an exhaust your self?? im sure mat will know what has to be done! il be ordering a milltek next week so was just wondering if i could fit it myself? i have axel stands and tools, no ramp thow  :smiley:

any help appreciated  :happy2:

well what you getting full system? you will need wd40 to loosen and to spray on the rubber hangers so they slide on and off easy, a spanner and socket set and screw drivers and a hammer just to gently tap the exhaust off the turbo. Just make sure the car is safe when its in the air  :happy2:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 10:15:29 am »
will be cat back only, not getting DP till next year  :smiley: any easier  :party:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 10:16:20 am »
yeh as above, be safe, the hardest part is/ can be getting the old parts off as the clamps can squash the pipes making them hard to remove, bit hammer should sort though  :happy2:

i think i would pay someone to do mine just for the safety side, and its bloody cold out  :grin:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 10:17:00 am »
will be cat back only, not getting DP till next year  :smiley: any easier  :party:

slightly easier as the downpipe bolts can get stuck in

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 10:18:26 am »
yeh as above, be safe, the hardest part is/ can be getting the old parts off as the clamps can squash the pipes making them hard to remove, bit hammer should sort though  :happy2:

i think i would pay someone to do mine just for the safety side, and its bloody cold out  :grin:

not in my heated, carpeted garage  :P

im sick of paying people like awesome to do things that i can probs do myself. so would cat back be easy?

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 10:19:00 am »

cat back i could do in 15 min  :signLOL: just undo the the clamp in the middle and spray wd40 on the rubber hangers and it will come off

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 10:19:50 am »

cat back i could do in 15 min  :signLOL: just undo the the clamp in the middle and spray wd40 on the rubber hangers and it will come off

and awesome would charge 150  :surprised:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 10:20:39 am »
is there a guide anywhere? also is there a guide for taking off the rear bumper? as the R32 one will be going on at the same time.   :jumpmove:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 10:24:48 am »
is there a guide anywhere? also is there a guide for taking off the rear bumper? as the R32 one will be going on at the same time.   :jumpmove:

its like doing the front bumper just find all the screws in the arch and jack the back end up and put on stands. if you were closer i could give you a hand for the mirrors

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 10:28:45 am »

its like doing the front bumper just find all the screws in the arch and jack the back end up and put on stands. if you were closer i could give you a hand for the mirrors

where you at?

also i might have to post you the mirrors as i might not be able to make it now on saturday,

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 10:30:09 am »

where you at?

also i might have to post you the mirrors as i might not be able to make it now on saturday,

oh cock i am over in halifax where are you at?

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 10:30:36 am »
Should not be too much of a job Joe. The rear bumber is easy to remove I did it a few times on my last MKV, its only a ten minute job. As long as the standard cat back comes off ok it will not take you long at all!  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 10:31:20 am »

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You