Make a donation

Author Topic: 41mpg!!!!  (Read 10506 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Re: 41mpg!!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2009, 10:16:01 pm »
The third day I had my GTi, I travelled from Northants down to Portsmouth + return.
I sat between 70-80 on the Mways and gained a solid 39.8MPG round trip, with some needless flooring considering I'd had the car a matter of hours.

They're well capable of a reasonable return if the Turbo's not called into action unnecessarily.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2009, 10:29:06 pm »
Are these readings entirely accurate because the speedo is about 10% out according to your satnav... the reason this being is... the law allows u to be 10% under but not 1% over... :stupid:

~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2009, 10:38:02 pm »
Absolutely, for a true representation you really need to work it out based on filling the tank and actually working out how much fuel you have used over a certain distance.

Offline andytran

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2009, 09:18:08 am »
Are these readings entirely accurate because the speedo is about 10% out according to your satnav... the reason this being is... the law allows u to be 10% under but not 1% over... :stupid:

?? according to my satnav, the speedo is accurate to about 1mph. Really, its that accurate! :surprised:

andy

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2009, 11:14:21 am »
depending on the year of manufacture some are closer than others to 'true' mph.
Some are proposed to be almost spot on which can be 'tricky' if you assumed it was 10% lower (like almost every other can on the road)
(assuming your sat nav is accurate too)
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Ifti

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2009, 12:34:40 pm »

?? according to my satnav, the speedo is accurate to about 1mph. Really, its that accurate! :surprised:

andy

According to my TomTom I am about 5-7mph out.

Anyways, drove up to Middlesborough on Tues (still there!) with a fully loaded car - both boot full, and car full with passengers.

About 240 miles. All motorway. Only manages about 33.5mpg - which is less then the 38-40mpg I normally get on my 20mile work run!! Im putting it down to the fact I had a fully loaded car, and *may* have have been running along at 3 digits at places.....lol

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2009, 12:37:22 pm »

andy

According to my TomTom I am about 5-7mph out.
Anyways, drove up to Middlesborough on Tues (still there!) with a fully loaded car - both boot full, and car full with passengers.

About 240 miles. All motorway. Only manages about 33.5mpg - which is less then the 38-40mpg I normally get on my 20mile work run!! Im putting it down to the fact I had a fully loaded car, and *may* have have been running along at 3 digits at places.....lol

Its more of a percentage rather than a constant amount of MPH that you would be out. For instance on our recent trip to the ring at high speeds on the German autobahn's the clock was around 20-25mph out!  :happy2: