All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Feckin Truckers !!

<< < (2/4) > >>

markymark:
Not good Mick, I hit a 4" x 4" 6ft long piece of wood which had obviously fallen off the back of a lorry, fortunately it didnt do any damage! I wasnt very happy! :angry015:

gazbutS3:
I've had a strap and buckle flick up off the car in front and go straight through the windscreen of my 2 day old car, wasn't best pleased, also hit a lump of wood on a roundabout 6 months ago which buckled 1 of my rims :sad: just call me lucky :smiley:

mixit:

--- Quote from: john_o on July 16, 2009, 08:29:25 pm --- :sad:

not sure you need the locker on the space saver  :signLOL: though

--- End quote ---

Believe it or not I have 2 on it  :ashamed:




--- Quote from: Ifti on July 16, 2009, 08:31:26 pm ---Im getting my front tyres changed on Monday, since one of them is low on tread. The other one has a good 5-6mm on it. Im gettin gboth changed together so I dont have one lower on tread then the other, as I have now.

I believe its a Dunlop Sportmaxx though.
If you want it cheap gimme a shout  :wink:

--- End quote ---

Thanks m8 but I’ll pass, I’d rather keep em both Goodyear’s. Nice offer though,  :drinking:



--- Quote from: markymark on July 16, 2009, 08:45:38 pm ---Not good Mick, I hit a 4" x 4" 6ft long piece of wood which had obviously fallen off the back of a lorry, fortunately it didnt do any damage! I wasnt very happy! :angry015:

--- End quote ---

I know that feeling too, I hit a huge log at about 55mph in the pouring rain once.
Completely destroyed a Prodrive Alloy, Sump Guard and trashed my suspension geometry on my Scooby  :sad:
The sound at the time of impact had me convinced I'd wrecked the entire front end. I hardly dare get out to look.  :scared:


--- Quote from: gazbutS3 on July 16, 2009, 08:56:11 pm ---I've had a strap and buckle flick up off the car in front and go straight through the windscreen of my 2 day old car, wasn't best pleased, also hit a lump of wood on a roundabout 6 months ago which buckled 1 of my rims :sad: just call me lucky :smiley:

--- End quote ---

Oooh bugger.. there’s so many hazards out there these days, often unseen till its too late.  :scared:

RedRobin:
....

That's a bummer, Mick! But at least no-one was hurt.

I won't hijack this thread but will post separately later, but I witnessed a truck taking out a biker (nice R6) last Friday morning. I stopped of course.

VC:
locking nuts on those space savers is a must, very very desirable

try and buy one and you'll see what i mean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version