All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
2nd Service, how much of a bill to expect?
cossy:
--- Quote from: SteveP on July 17, 2009, 04:36:52 pm ---What servicing mode are you on (long Life or Time and Distance?)
It says in their email 2nd long life service so I presume your on long life servicing?
--- End quote ---
im on T&D but request long life oil.
Because of the low miles & Bluefin I want to get it serviced every year using LL
SteveP:
^^^ That make sense but the dealer is quoting for the full 2nd long life service which requires more than a second T&D service IIRC :confused:
I don't think the pollen filter for example needs to be changed until the 4th T&D service (that's when it was first done on mine).
Phil Mcavity:
mine is a Feb 07,(56) has had its 3rd TD service after its regime was changed from longlife when i bought her.
3 service carried out last month, shes 2 years 4 months old and brake fluid on mine WASNT changed at its service.
ub7rm:
Brake fluid and a/c aren't included in the normal service, they are 'optional' extras if you like.
For a 4 year t&d service (which is the big one) I paid just under £400 including brake fluid and a/c
£295 for the service (but I didn't need somthing done so it was a little bit cheaper that this).
£49 for the brake fluid.
£75 for a/c service and refresh.
cossy:
Just got another quote from another local VW.
£195 for service & £49 for brake fluid change.
Stated it doesnt need an air filter yet, while the other garage said it did!
If the dealers cant get their heads round vw servicing what chance have the rest of us got!!!!! :angry015:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version