Make a donation

Author Topic: K04 on a GTI  (Read 1278 times)

Offline kris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
K04 on a GTI
« on: July 19, 2009, 01:16:48 pm »
OK guys, talk to me about fitting the k04 in place of the k03s on the 2.0 FSI lump. I've just purchased a k04, injectors, manifold and boost pipes. If I understand correctly, I now need the intercooler to throttle body pipework and DV boss?

As I'm running a pretty much stock GTI now, I'm thinking S3 intercooler? TBE of some variety... and HPFP, topped off with a stage 2 map? Sound like a plan?!

Any advice, ideas, pointers gratefully received!  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: K04 on a GTI
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 01:46:03 pm »

There's info that JKM (Portsmouth) have on their web site which may be of some help.

Linky : - K04 Upgrade - JKM....

I hope this may give you some helpful info  :smiley:

You are definitely diving in at the deep end! Enjoy!

P.S.- I have to admit that I partly regret not upgrading to the K04 when my K03 failed. However, I couldn't justify spending so much at once at the time. My previous suspension failed at around the same time! On the other hand, I'm extremely happy with the GTI I've got.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 01:51:29 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline kris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: K04 on a GTI
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 04:54:54 pm »
Yea, I am very happy with the GTI as it is, but couldn't really turn down the K04 when it came up! It will have to wait for a few months while I buy the other expensive bits... hopefully worth the wait!