Make a donation

Author Topic: My Tornado Red GTi (Pic Heavy) - New Wheels  (Read 14625 times)

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
Re: My Tornado Red GTi (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 11:00:16 am »
so whats in the black tin?
cruise is a great mod, use it all the time,lorry's catch-up down the hills, then fall away up the hills.  :P
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 12
    • Alex McCabe
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2013, 11:01:51 am »
so whats in the black tin?
cruise is a great mod, use it all the time,lorry's catch-up down the hills, then fall away up the hills.  :P

In the little black pot is a cam-follower =] I've had nothing but grief from my family about buying cruise control, but whatever. I do a lot of miles and it will make things slightly easier.

MK5 Golf GTi 197BHP Tornado Red

Offline Simon_2.0t

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 10:19:39 pm »
Picking my cam follower up this weekend mate.

How much was the cruise?

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Alex McCabe
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 11:21:46 pm »
Picking my cam follower up this weekend mate.

How much was the cruise?

The cruise control kit was £68 I think. Not exactly cheap.

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2013, 08:32:09 am »
Coming together nicely fella, looking good.  :drinking:

What's on the modding list then, some show or go bits?

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Alex McCabe
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2013, 10:15:14 am »

Here is the list. Mostly show and nothing too special.  :party:

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 10:46:22 am »
nice list  :happy2:
what headunit you got in at the mo?
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2013, 10:54:49 am »
nice list (to start with)  :evilgrin:

Helios's weigh more than the planet Earth, Neuspeed's are very nice and a lot lighter than your OEM wheels, helping the unstrung weight and overall feel of the handling.

Valeo LED units look really good and light output is a marked improvement over the standard clusters. LED Door Warning Lights and LED Interior Lights make a big difference for a small outlay as does the boot pop (when it works).

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Alex McCabe
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2013, 11:20:15 am »
nice list  :happy2:
what headunit you got in at the mo?

It's a Kenwood single din with rear USB and iPod direct control. It's a good unit but looks out of place in the MK5.

nice list (to start with)  :evilgrin:

Helios's weigh more than the planet Earth, Neuspeed's are very nice and a lot lighter than your OEM wheels, helping the unstrung weight and overall feel of the handling.

Valeo LED units look really good and light output is a marked improvement over the standard clusters. LED Door Warning Lights and LED Interior Lights make a big difference for a small outlay as does the boot pop (when it works).

Well, the car needs a full respray, but I'm not putting that on the list. Too expensive. Haha.

I love the look of the Helios but the Neuspeeds are very similar, especially at 19".

Everything else is pretty standard and not much exciting

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Alex McCabe
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 04:48:00 pm »
Right. So I had major issues with the guy who painted the parts on my car. Let me say I am really not happy with his service. I went to see him before I went on holiday to America for three weeks back in April and asked for the car to be booked in five weeks after for a respray. He got quite annoyed at me for calling him up on the wrong colour and "everyone thinks they're an effing professional" among other things.

Five weeks later I go back. He doesn't have the time do my car, and asks me to come back on 3rd June, which I do. He is careful to remind me a lot that this is costing him a lot of money, but "look I don't have the time to do it". Asks me to go back on 1st July. Which again I do.

He starts telling me he will respray the parts, but not taking them off the car. I think I was quite right in feeling a little cautious about this and questioned him as to whether he can get a decent finish. He gets angry at me "look mate, I don't have time for this". So he still hadn't actually booked me an appointment. Oh and he was reminding me again about how much money he was gonna lose.

After a little too-ing and frow-ing he suggested that he gives me a cheque for the money because he just wants done with it. I agreed because I do not trust this guy anymore. So my car is still the wrong colour. What a fecking nightmare.

Offline rf860

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2013, 05:19:51 pm »
Right. So I had major issues with the guy who painted the parts on my car. Let me say I am really not happy with his service. I went to see him before I went on holiday to America for three weeks back in April and asked for the car to be booked in five weeks after for a respray. He got quite annoyed at me for calling him up on the wrong colour and "everyone thinks they're an effing professional" among other things.

Five weeks later I go back. He doesn't have the time do my car, and asks me to come back on 3rd June, which I do. He is careful to remind me a lot that this is costing him a lot of money, but "look I don't have the time to do it". Asks me to go back on 1st July. Which again I do.

He starts telling me he will respray the parts, but not taking them off the car. I think I was quite right in feeling a little cautious about this and questioned him as to whether he can get a decent finish. He gets angry at me "look mate, I don't have time for this". So he still hadn't actually booked me an appointment. Oh and he was reminding me again about how much money he was gonna lose.

After a little too-ing and frow-ing he suggested that he gives me a cheque for the money because he just wants done with it. I agreed because I do not trust this guy anymore. So my car is still the wrong colour. What a fecking nightmare.

Ehhh????? Is this guy having a bloody laugh!!

You've been far too kind here. I hope he's gave you all your money back?

If not, you've been done over as you will have to pay the same amount (if not more) for it to be rectified.

No wonder the body repairs industry gets such a bad name with these kind of morons.

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2013, 06:01:16 pm »
what area you live in?....you should name and shame this guy on all the forums.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline SooperD

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2013, 08:58:15 pm »
Looks good mate.. Im new to the Tornado Red GTI club too so will get some pics of mine when i get chance as only picked it up today.. Love the list of mods too, very much like my list in my head.. Will be keeping an eye on this thread for some tips and see how yours develops :)

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Alex McCabe
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2013, 10:36:44 am »
Ehhh????? Is this guy having a bloody laugh!!

You've been far too kind here. I hope he's gave you all your money back?

If not, you've been done over as you will have to pay the same amount (if not more) for it to be rectified.

No wonder the body repairs industry gets such a bad name with these kind of morons.

He did give me all the money back that I paid him, which is lucky. I should've just gone to the guy I have dealt with before. Would have been easier, but this guy was £50 cheaper. I know what you mean as well. He used cheap paint that is now chipped worse than the 8 years of stones on the bumper...

what area you live in?....you should name and shame this guy on all the forums.

I live in Devon, the guy was in Newton Abbot. Ultimate Car Creations. I don't like naming and shaming, but if you think it warrants it...

Looks good mate.. Im new to the Tornado Red GTI club too so will get some pics of mine when i get chance as only picked it up today.. Love the list of mods too, very much like my list in my head.. Will be keeping an eye on this thread for some tips and see how yours develops :)

Thanks man, you will enjoy it. They're great cars. I won't be doing much to it as I've just moved house and I live further from my job. I do near 65miles a day now. It's about £240 fuel a month. Haha

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Alex McCabe
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2013, 12:02:50 pm »

So I thought it was all done and done, but nope. I just received a text from him written in bad spelling and grammar saying that he has noticed I haven't had my car re-painted, and that he wants some of his money back for the materials. I had every intention of using the money he refunded me to get it painted, I even had a date booked with another person, but fell on some hard times and had to use the cash to you know, live.

I'm not really sure what I should do here to be honest as I am still not too flush with cash at the moment. I do want the parts repainted at some point, but at the moment I am just trying to get by... I don't have anything spare I can give him, and I don't want to. I don't feel I owe him anything. Do i?