Make a donation

Author Topic: MTM330 + fuel pump?  (Read 1478 times)

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
MTM330 + fuel pump?
« on: July 20, 2009, 10:11:44 am »
Been running the mtm package for a good 15k miles now on my s3 8p and reading a lot of good feedback about the autotech fuel pump? Wondering if i would be needing another map after fitting or if it would be kind of self teaching and adjust itself? Another thing i was thinking about was the forge quick shift any views would be much appreciated, i see there is one for sale on here for the mk5 gti would it fit my audi?

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: MTM330 + fuel pump?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 10:30:05 am »
Really good i have had no problems with it, only used mtm to keep my warranty if i was to start again i dont know if i would go down the same route kinda annoying people running the same or even higher bhp/torque than me and spent half the money i have?

Offline Poppa Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 10:39:59 am »
Yes, not the cheapest option!! Majotiry of modder's on here are running either Revo or Bluefin, with some Customcode and GIAC too.

Offline icenutter

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 10:55:56 am »
The fuel pump just provides the fuel that the ECU asks for.  So in otherwords an uprated fuel pump on a standard car would provide no tangible benefit.  On a remapped car it all depends on the map;  if you are getting fuel cut then then no further modifications would be necessary as the pump would simply provide the extra that was required.

But if you want  to take advantage of the new pump then you would need another re-map

PS I have no direct experience of MTM.
Get all your sports nutrition products here; http://www.myprotein.co.uk and use the code MP73153 to get 5% off your first order.

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 12:38:19 pm »
Cheers lads appreciate it. I will try contact mtm when i get 5mins see what they say see if they can do anything for me in the way of an updated version.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 12:26:07 am »

A good mate of mine had a MTM map (QST) on his Mk5 GTI but was very unhappy with it. I've also driven it and it was over aggressive and felt it was either full on or off. He's changed the ECU now and runs a custom Superchips map via VWR.

As far as i know you can run an aftermarket fuel pump without going beyond a Stage2 map but to exploit its potential you need a Stage2+ map version. I stand to be corrected.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 08:17:52 am »
I spoke to kim late on last night and he said there was nothing that would include the fuel pump and an updated map next stage up from 330bhp was the big turbo at the "bargain" price of £10,000.  :confused: