All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Optimum Size Wheel/Tyre for performance/handling etc?...

<< < (2/5) > >>

Gene Hunt:

--- Quote from: J5BWS on July 21, 2009, 12:07:44 am ---Just as the title says really, I was wondering if anyone could advise on the best setup for performance rather than bling please?...

--- End quote ---
...........i'm the other way i go for looks & style.My car came with the 17'' Monza alloys which look a bit small on the golf to me.Wanted to keep it o.e. look & was tempted to get a set of bbs ch replica but in the end was offered a set of edition 30 alloys in fact they were orginally on Hurdys edition 30 so got these on now.

J5BWS:
Thanks for all your help guys, definitely given me something to think about compared to my original plans of 18 or even 19" blingsters!

J5BWS:
What do you reckon to these:



17x8

With these:



in 235/45/17?

The tyres are Michelin Sport PS2 which I've heard good things about, I love driving in the wet so I know I'd hate the Toyo R888's and would prefer a better all rounder...

Good setup?





J5BWS:

--- Quote from: J5BWS on July 21, 2009, 11:35:23 pm ---What do you reckon to these:



17x8

With these:



in 235/45/17?

The tyres are Michelin Sport PS2 which I've heard good things about, I love driving in the wet so I know I'd hate the Toyo R888's and would prefer a better all rounder...

Good setup?







--- End quote ---

Actually on looking deeper into this, I'm not sure that the wheels are available in the correct offsets??...

Hurdy:
That would be an awesome set up :happy2:

You would be laughing yourself silly at the difference the alloys and tyres make to your handling, grip, accelleration etc etc. :drinking:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version