All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
RNS510 aftermarket install: problem with GPS fix
Peskarik:
--- Quote from: dajonic on July 25, 2009, 10:53:16 am ---The picture stealthwolf has used is from my little mini instal set of photos as you can actually see where i stuck the puck antennae attached to the back of the dark plastic vent. You say you've also just installed the RNS510 as have I and I also have slight troubles with the unit starting up correctly and finding satellites but a couple of minutes and everything works well. It does get confused though when stopping and starting the car several times in a short space of time but I have been told the the unit needs coding to the vehicle or vise versa so maybe this is whats causing the satellite fix problem you have. I've just bought a hex-usg+can lead so should get it sorted later today.
The various bits of plastic are easy to remove and a old credit card is very much your flexible friend here and then i think a no20 hex screwdriver for a couple of screws. Beware though that if/when you disconnect the airbag light/sign thing you'll get a warning light in the instrument binnacle everytime you start the car afterwards so need that resetting too.
Its a little fiddly and if you a little larger than the normal greasy monkey/stereo fitter type then que lots of swearing, headbutting the windscreen and knocking the rearview mirror every 5 minutes just like me.
Good luck.
--- End quote ---
:smiley: :drinking:
Today NAV worked fine. I think I'll wait a bit before I start with deadbutting! :smiley:
andytran:
--- Quote from: dajonic on July 25, 2009, 10:53:16 am --- You say you've also just installed the RNS510 as have I and I also have slight troubles with the unit starting up correctly and finding satellites but a couple of minutes and everything works well. It does get confused though when stopping and starting the car several times in a short space of time but I have been told the the unit needs coding to the vehicle or vise versa so maybe this is whats causing the satellite fix problem you have. I've just bought a hex-usg+can lead so should get it sorted later today.
--- End quote ---
Shouldnt be a coding issue? Mine isnt coded to my car and I have no issues at all?
Andy
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[*] Previous page
Go to full version