All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Tornado Red question

<< < (3/4) > >>

Phil Mcavity:
Didnt the earlier paints have more lead in them which is why they tended to faid??

RedRobin:
....

Actually, I may be wrong and the original Mk1 red was called Mars Red? Someone in the 'other' forum (Mk1 section) should know.

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: Phil Mcavity on July 24, 2009, 09:37:14 pm ---
Didnt the earlier paints have more lead in them which is why they tended to go faid???


--- End quote ---

....Which is why I pointed out that the paint structure was different.

:happy2:

SteveP:

--- Quote from: Phil Mcavity on July 24, 2009, 09:37:14 pm ---Didnt the earlier paints have more lead in them which is why they tended to go faid???


--- End quote ---

Not sure the lead makes the difference but the original red was a gloss type paint rather than a lacquered top coat like on the modern cars I believe.  :happy2:

TomB:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on July 24, 2009, 09:38:20 pm ---....

Actually, I may be wrong and the original Mk1 red was called Mars Red? Someone in the 'other' forum (Mk1 section) should know.

--- End quote ---

Indeed it was, my best mate's MK1 is currently getting resprayed in this very colour. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version