Make a donation

Author Topic: Strange noise or change of noise on new map.  (Read 2163 times)

Offline cossy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • 57 REG ED30 5325 MILES!
Strange noise or change of noise on new map.
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:57:49 am »
Noticed with the recent MAP Superchips sent me there is more of a air release sort of sound.

Its probably the DV working but didnt notice it on the older map.

I do think they supplied me the wrong original DSG map for my manual car though as always thought only really got onto boost from 4 k onwards.

Seemed surprised it was a manual.

The latest MAP pulls all the way through.

Strange though as I thought DSG & Manual where on in the same now, but they did send me a manual version recently.

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Strange noise or change of noise on new map.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 10:03:38 am »
DSG and manual maps are now the same ....

I still prefer the 'old' DSG map which I have left on my car - that does only really get going after 4K so yes, maybe they sent you that by mistake ? 

The older DSG map has about 15-20 bhp more than standard up to 4K the really gets going whereas the newer map (new being last December) is far more aggressive early on and gives much more of a kick when the turbo first comes in.

Phil Mcavity

Re: Strange noise or change of noise on new map.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 10:51:33 pm »
DSG and manual maps are now the same ....

I still prefer the 'old' DSG map which I have left on my car - that does only really get going after 4K so yes, maybe they sent you that by mistake ?  

The older DSG map has about 15-20 bhp more than standard up to 4K the really gets going whereas the newer map (new being last December) is far more aggressive early on and gives much more of a kick when the turbo first comes in.
They are different Maps!!!!. Mine made that air whoosh sound, no boost untill 4k. Its the wrong map!!!