Make a donation

Author Topic: K04 stage 2+ downpipe?  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Kevscupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
K04 stage 2+ downpipe?
« on: July 04, 2013, 02:55:54 pm »
I'm looking at getting a large bore downpipe and sports cat and am just wondering which 1 people have on their cars?
Is there any downpipe that's better that others at stage 2+?
And is there a performance difference between 100 cell and 200 cell sports cats? Do they both pass MOT's ok?

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 71
Re: K04 stage 2+ downpipe?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 04:15:47 pm »
There is very little to choose between Down pipes. A 3" downpipe will give you good power but you lose low end torque. I had a 3"inch dp and was originally going to have gne for a 2.5inch dp to keep low end torque there and lose a few bhp at the top. But I got mine as a prototype for my car so it came down to the bargain price I got it for going the 3" route.
100 cel cats may pass the emissions but make sure you get it really hot before getting it tested.  few high sped runs will get it nice and warm. 200 cel cats pass the mot with ease but again make sure you get it warm. The difference between them is prob about 5bhp max, which you wouldn't be able to feel the difference at all. I opted for a 200 cel, which was the fit and forget option.
If I was to go stage 2+ again I would always go with a BCS system.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline flatout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 05:18:54 pm »
bcs +1.... :happy2:
stage 2+ Grey Ed30..DSG 362 BHP.380 lb/ft.....Also Statller Tuned :)

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 08:05:51 pm »
BCS also do a 3" downpipe with a 90mm initial outflow pipe section. Looks good to me.
Golf R gone.

Offline Kevscupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 09:08:09 pm »
Thanks guys, I've looked at the BCS exhausts before.
BCS it is then, full BCS system, just need to save the rest of the money and I'll get in touch with them.

I like the idea of the powervalve system any of you guys got 1 or know of anybody with 1 and what they think?

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 09:24:16 pm »
I have a BCS Sports Powervalve TBE with a 200 Cell Cat on my Eddy and it really is as good as others say.

While pottering around town its as quiet as an OEM system (albeit with a deeper tone) but when you go WOT and the boost comes in, the valve opens and all hell breaks lose and the noise is immense (for a 2ltr car anyway  :laugh:) and really does bring a smile to your face.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Kevscupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 11:41:06 am »
I have a BCS Sports Powervalve TBE with a 200 Cell Cat on my Eddy and it really is as good as others say.

While pottering around town its as quiet as an OEM system (albeit with a deeper tone) but when you go WOT and the boost comes in, the valve opens and all hell breaks lose and the noise is immense (for a 2ltr car anyway  :laugh:) and really does bring a smile to your face.

Is the difference between the sports and prestige power valve systems the sport is louder on boost?
The powervalve system is now on my shopping list for my Cupra R. Just not sure Sport or Prestige?

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 11:53:08 am »
^^^^ The Prestige system is quieter (a bit) as the central silencer is a little lager IIRC but FWIW both will sound like the muts nuts once the valve opens. The Powervalve itself is after the central silencer (on the back box) so I'd imagine the whole Prestige system, on and off boost will be a little more quiet .

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Kevscupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 12:16:52 pm »
Ok thanks, think I'll go for the sports system for more on boost noise and bigger smiles.