Make a donation

Author Topic: Advice for Fitting Stiffer Engine Mount.....  (Read 1600 times)

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Advice for Fitting Stiffer Engine Mount.....
« on: July 01, 2013, 11:00:03 pm »
Hey guys, Im looking to improve handling and overall performance. How much stiffer and harsher is the ride in the cabin when fitting an engine mount like the one below:

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/vw/golfmk6/neuspeed-engine-torque-arm-insert-2009-cars-inc-mk6-gti

Just dont want it to harsh in the cabin as its already firmish (also getting Rear and maybe front sway bar) how will it effect it with those added? too firm / harsh?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 11:11:15 pm by GTI-Ross »
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Advise for Fitting Stiffer Engine Mount
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 11:09:39 pm »
Just dont want it to harsh in the cabin as its already firmish (also getting Rear and maybe front sway bar) how will it effect it with those added? too firm / harsh?

You should have nothing to worry about by getting that Neuspeed mount. It may feel a little rough at idle and reversing but apart from that it's all good.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Re: Advise for Fitting Stiffer Engine Mount
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 11:10:44 pm »

You should have nothing to worry about by getting that Neuspeed mount. It may feel a little rough at idle and reversing but apart from that it's all good.

Are the Neuspeed ones any good, or best going PowerFlex?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Advice for Fitting Stiffer Engine Mount.....
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 11:23:06 pm »
If I had to do it again I would get the ecs tuning one as it's cheaper, the polyurethane hardness is about the same and comes with a new bolt.
Without traction power is nothing!