Make a donation

Author Topic: stage 2+ RR session  (Read 5132 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
stage 2+ RR session
« on: September 07, 2009, 06:22:13 pm »
after waiting the best part of 5 weeks for my autotech internals to arrive i finally have them, but cant fit them as my removals now have all my belongings and including my tools which is typical.

So i thought what the hell. Im back In UK on friday so ill get AMDessex to fit the internals and then ill get a before and after dyno run to get some figures on what she is putting out.

im hoping for 1million bhp, and 5 trillion Ibft, but if i dont get that Ill be happy with the same figures as Mark_GTIV. he managed 274bhp, 310Ibft.

Ill post the results up as soon as i have them.

Offline DaveyCupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: stage 2+ RR session
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 05:49:21 pm »
Thanks mate this would be very helpful. I am saving for a Milltek TBE and either an Autotech or KMD fuel pump internals, then I am going for the Stage 3 bluefin software.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 08:25:45 am »
mine is only a GTI 200ps engine, not ed 30 spec. So those figures are way above what i would get.

had the dyno session done. need to upload the dyno sheet still but it managed 259bhp 289Ibft at stage 2 with an issue at high revs, at stage 2+ it managed 277bhp 305Ibft and the issue is sorted out.

Ill upload the dyno sheet asap

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 09:51:42 am »
Those figures seem pretty good, but that's dependant on the dyno/operator etc...

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 01:56:32 pm »
Those figures seem pretty good, but that's dependant on the dyno/operator etc...

yeah im happy with the results the car feels alot more eager to pull, and is consistantly more powerful and torquey along the whole rev range.

the dyno was done with only a five minute drive for the new bluefin map to adapt, so it should eventually flatten out some more

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 06:48:03 pm by simonskerton »

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 12:15:11 am »
whats a stage II + can only see a stage II on the website? How do you get the stage II+ and what mods, going for milltek TBE and ITG intake is that stage II or stage II +

Thanks

John

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 09:17:46 am »
Stage 2+ is software that is adapted to suit the addition of a HFFP (Uprated Fuel Pump) mate.  :wink:

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 09:30:10 am »
VRSy is the stage 2+ available from SC? or only AMD, thing is I am in cheltenham so essex not convenient for me, to say the least.

I have been recommended to go revo and ditch SC (I have SC stage 1) but the cost difference is massive, £50 to upgrade (if SC do it) and £600 for Revo.

How did you find the SC, how much was it and what would recommend in you were in my position (I have K03 with TBE miltek, shortly to be fitted ITG and HPFP.)

Many thanks

John

Offline Timmyboy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 10:51:54 pm »
I think you've got all the answers from t'other thread now John, but just to clear up the Stage2+ thing - I paid £50 and got the stage 2 and stage 2+ maps.

I also got the de-cat versions of both maps as I had a light come on with the standard software - to their credit SC did turn around all versions of the maps very quickly.

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 11:39:39 pm »
Thanks Timmy, yes posted here before I set up t'other thread as seemed to get more input there. Way forward is to have a chat with SC and get a chip from them for my set up. Will let you know how I get on. Cheers John

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 10:28:37 pm »
The result - Just had my HPFP fitted by PSI tuning today (just off a500 outside stoke), very efficient, top quality service and great value, after fitting put the car straight on the rolling road and the result:

275 BHP at flywheel and 315lb ft of torque, v v happy.

Just what i was looking for, glad I stuck with superchips now. Not tracking the car, so don't need more (don't honestly think I would get that much more from say revo, and the car is a beast for the road which is where it is used)

Until sunday just running stage 2 was not a happy bunny, felt faster with each stage but a bit listless at low / mid  revs, no check light but definitely lacking at mid rnage. Before I went for the HPFP fit and RR decided to change the diverter valve as a precaution - wow night and day, the old (original 2005 86k valve was ripped all over) with the new valve car  transformed and on steroids, but did get fuel cut at ~ 105 mph on hard acceleration.

But with the HPFP smooth as butter all the way to the red line.

Car is 55 plate GTI K03 turbo, 86k on the clock, milltek turbo back with res box, autotech HPFP, ITG CAI and superchips stage 2+.

Moral of the story, fit a new diverter valve and get a good quality CAI (i went ITG) and an HPFP and superchips is a good for the power.

Big thanks to PSI (am def going back for my next cam belt change and any other work that needs doing, v professional outfit) and Superchips for excellent customer service - especially michael alvey anderson.

PSI said the biggest isse was the car kept trying to climb out of the rollers with all the torque, and it drives v v nicely and I got 35mg av driving back to cheltenham at 85 - 90 mph (70 officer honest)

Offline Timmyboy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 10:36:35 pm »
Glad you're happy  :happy2:

Out of interest, did you manage to get a RR run prior to the fuel pump and stage2+ map being applied?

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 11:38:21 pm »
Hi Timmy, didn't get a chance, felt similar to be honest, maybe not as much torque mid range and had fuel cut at ~ 3500 rpm under hard acceleration
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 03:51:03 pm by jmspear »

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 12:12:56 am »
I'd remove your speeds dude, u never know who's reading. Unless u mean kph ;)

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 04:42:17 am »
VRSY, on your RR graph the "before" run shows a massive drop in power around the 5500rpm range....do you know what caused that?

i have just put on stage 2+ map (or what im assuming to be 2+) and in 3rd and 4th at 5500ish the power just dies then picks back up.