Make a donation

Author Topic: Valeo LED Tails (Skyline mod)  (Read 6658 times)

Offline Rumple

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
  • Das Original.
    • Email
Valeo LED Tails (Skyline mod)
« on: November 05, 2013, 04:39:02 pm »
I've just spent an hour reading through previous posts, and am none the wiser on how to go about doing these or if anyone can do them for me? Anyone able to shed some light on the deal?

Black 3dr Edition 30 DSG

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
Re: Valeo LED Tails (Skyline mod)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 07:35:12 pm »
Split the lights, drill holes for the leds, then wire them together i think is how its done. Not easy, doing it with normal lights is hard too

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:03:29 pm »
I keep meaning to do this to my VALEO units, I've got as far as having my outer units coded to give a polo appearance.  :laugh:

You'll need to get the LED's fitted into your inner VALEO units, when that's done you'll need those inner LED clusters wired into the car and then the lot needs coding via VCDS to work. Its a fair bit of work.

Try JLSTuning in Romania for fitting the LED's (but he's known to take his time) or personally I'd go for a chap called Criag (username Buckets) on golfmkv.com who's in Australia who has a great reputation and the quality of his work is top notch.

Have a read through this lot posted on golfmkv.com, explains the mod, gives a guide for the Skyline mod (4 ring/polo look), a wiring guide and other bits......

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149933

Should look like this when done..........

:happy2:

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:06:17 pm by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 09:02:55 pm »
^^^ What do you mean by polo appearance? Do Valeo units only give half a ring? What happens when you press the brake?

Offline biglad65

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 09:22:48 pm »
try this
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,16607.0.html

Using that link, it says:

Extra info:
The Skyline effect will only operate correctly if the user is already wired and coded for AMBER Operation.

The outer Ring of the fender mounted Tails is lit, and the center section is dark, BYTE 09 = Hex 00, or 0% power, and it goes to 100% Power when the brakes are applied. The Center Section, Brake Light as a Tail Light is PIN 4 of the Tail Light Connector, Black/Red on the Driver’s side, and Black/Violet on the Passenger side.

If you double tap onto these wires, and you want the trunk mounted LEDs to light up as Tail Lights, then the Center Ring will have to stay at HEX 0A, or 10% power which will kill the Skyline Tail Light effect.

For the SkyLine effect

The desired choice is to tap into the Outer Ring of Red LEDs on the fender mounted tails, PIN 2 of the Tail Light connector, Gray/Black* on the Driver’s side, and Gray/Yellow* on the Passenger side. Combine this suggestion with a code of HEX 00 for BYTE 09, and the outer ring of RED LEDs on the fender mounted LEDs will light up as driving Lights, and the “ghost” ring of your modified tails will light up giving you the O\o----o/O look that defines the SkyLine Tail."

I need to work out what all this means but if your like me your now saying wow that looks cool but can I do it.......

I wonder if messing with the coding will make it brighter....