Make a donation

Author Topic: new gti owner  (Read 7024 times)

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
Re: new gti owner
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 12:09:17 am »
Different cars completely, alot of people rate the GTI/ED30 more fun to drive...not necessarily better but more fun. For the sake of a few hundred quid your looking at a quicker car, ED30 is similar performance standard but a hole different ball game at stage 2+, just avoid them Supercharged/turbocharged R32's  :driver:

Yeah pretty local...more Shipley way, what about yourself?
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline faheem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 02:03:30 am »
lol i work in shipley, down at the accounts office

yeah to be honest the edition 30 slipped my mind, i totally forgot about it, tells you alot about my gti knowledge but im learning lol

yeah, im defo gona get it upgraded but only with a system that allows for it to be put back to factory setting, so if i were to get the ecu upgrade, are there any other essential mods to do with it or can the car handle more power without ? i mean like the clutch, breaks ?

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 02:44:48 am »
Depends what year it is?

A popular mod is to upgrade the DV but this is more common on the K04 cars as it tends to be under more pressure. May be wise to get the latest revision from VW at £30ish pounds if its an early one. They crack under pressure resulting in loss of power. Latest one should cope easily on a GTI or you could go for the Forge option which is around £120 iirc.

Other than that its up to you really, alot of people feel the brakes arent up to the job with the extra power. Theres an endless list of things you can do to help with the extra power and to get the most from the car. All depends what you want fom it really and how much you want to spend.

Power:

Remap
Full exhaust
High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP)
Dbilas/Forge etc intake
Panel filter

Brakes:

R32/S3/Cupra R set up as they have bigger discs 345mm as apose to the GTi 312mm disc (fronts)
4/6/10/12 pots??

Then you have engine mounts, limited slip diff, coilovers, anti roll bars, intercoolers etc etc...I hope you have deep pockets being on here  :signLOL:

Work at the tax office?? I Keep checking for jobs there, would be very convienient for me.

Clutch should be fine as long as the mileage isn't rediculous otherwise look at a Sachs if its manual. DSG are pretty good and will cope easily which also have a remap available for them.

Superchips are probably the cheapest option of the highest regarded companies mentioned.

HTH, Steve.

EDIT: with only 27k the clutch will cope with the extra power no problems but the DV could well be the earliest design. Someone will be along with the parts code but from what I understand it is a little difficult to get to on the GTI's

EDIT AGAIN: 06H 145 710 D (someone please confirm)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 02:57:59 am by Edition30 »

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline faheem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 03:09:23 am »
respect man, thats a preety comprehensive explanation! lol well my pockets aint too deep right now but in the future i hope so.....!
good thing is im picking it up from harrogate so there is a good number of country roads and dual carriageways to test it out on properly, i hope i get it home in one piece.......lol

Offline Webby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 10:08:01 am »
Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but what's a KO3 & KO4 I keep reading about? Is it something to do with the turbo?

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 10:12:06 am »
Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but what's a KO3 & KO4 I keep reading about? Is it something to do with the turbo?

Indeed! The GTI came with a K03 Turbo and the Edition 30/S3/Cupra comes with a K04.  :happy2:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 10:16:55 am »
Welcome along Faheem  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Webby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 10:54:35 am »

Indeed! The GTI came with a K03 Turbo and the Edition 30/S3/Cupra comes with a K04.  :happy2:

Thanks Greenhouse. Just waiting to collect my GTi now, will post some pics when I get it.

Offline faheem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 11:17:32 am »
yes yes, me too , saturday or if im lucky mgt pick it up tonigt! wooohooo

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 02:51:06 pm »

Thanks Greenhouse. Just waiting to collect my GTi now, will post some pics when I get it.

No probs, look forward to the piccies then!  :party:

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2009, 06:37:37 pm »
Ordered a Bluefin (Superchips) yet?  :party:

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline faheem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 12:02:27 am »
got my gti today ppl, wow, lets just i have been making full use of the rev counter! shame about the petrol costs today but f*ck it, it was well worth it!

anyone local to northwest area know a place for me to get the front splitter done with the vinyl? i want it to be red.....

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 01:07:55 am »
got my gti today ppl, wow, lets just i have been making full use of the rev counter! shame about the petrol costs today but f*ck it, it was well worth it!

anyone local to northwest area know a place for me to get the front splitter done with the vinyl? i want it to be red.....

totally dynamic have a place in bradford their supposed to be good, will be getting my car wrapped by them shortly.

Offline faheem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 11:23:16 am »
cool cool , let me know how that goes mate, you local to bradford then?  what price are they asking?

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2009, 04:21:27 pm »
for candy white wrap with carbon roof is £1050 although thats for a cupra and im from halifax.