Make a donation

Author Topic: Peeling Paint  (Read 1163 times)

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 6
Peeling Paint
« on: November 17, 2013, 03:57:56 pm »
Guys - I finally had the chance to give my car some TLC yesterday... although now wish I'd not bothered.  Without wanting to or being capable of detailing my car, I took care to snowfoam the car, iron x the wheels, and give her a proper clean to get the winter muck off.  All was going well until I took the power washer out and rinsed off the car.... and whilst I might have been a touch aggressive I've managed to peel off most of the red paint from the rear nearside brake caliper [which came off amazingly easily], and I must have caught the door trim previously as when I had the washer on that area a section 5mm by 2cm peeled off.

I also have a small section on the lefthand side of the bumber [5mm x 5mm] of chipped paint.... so my question is for the sake of these 2 fairly definite and descrete areas would people chose to use a company like chips away or would people all default to a proper paint shop?

I know Chips Away is totally dependant on the qaulit of the technician, and I mixed experience of my local guy.
Candy White Edition 30 DSG
Revo Stage 2+
ITG, BCS TBE, Autotech HPFP
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade