Make a donation

Author Topic: Passenger door not locking  (Read 1643 times)

Offline xonk

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Passenger door not locking
« on: March 23, 2014, 10:41:23 pm »
Hi, just noticed today by accident when one of the kids opened the passenger door and set off the alarm. This door is not locking with fob or interior button or key in door, all other doors are fine. Was wondering if anyone else has come across this before? i have done a few searches and this doesn't seem to be a common problem.

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re: Passenger door not locking
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 07:07:26 pm »
99% of the time it's the door module

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,52585.0.html

The above link is the how to if your mechanically minded!

Offline xonk

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:33:04 pm »
I did a bit of digging and there was a rubber grommet above the lock (can be seen on the pictures found in the link from doylebros, thanks) I removed this to expose a small red lever. Once pushed it locked the door and seems to have fixed the issue with all locking options, key fob, inside car. Feel a bit better now my car is locked again!

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 08:40:30 pm »
I did a bit of digging and there was a rubber grommet above the lock (can be seen on the pictures found in the link from doylebros, thanks) I removed this to expose a small red lever. Once pushed it locked the door and seems to have fixed the issue with all locking options, key fob, inside car. Feel a bit better now my car is locked again!

I 'm pleased you've sorted it but it's not uncommon for it to return and be very intermittent  - if you get it scanned with VCDS it will log the failure even though you may of missed it - also keep an eye on the drivers door alarm (led) light if it's flashing at the correct speed to confirm the deadlock is functioning correctly!

Offline xonk

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 10:53:16 pm »
Thanks for the tip about the LED, now you mention it i do remember it flashing differently last week but it didn't click that there was something wrong. I Have had the car for 9 years and nothing has gone wrong with it till now  :happy2: