Make a donation

Author Topic: Rear valance/ exhaust options???  (Read 9267 times)

Offline monte

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
Rear valance/ exhaust options???
« on: October 24, 2009, 11:22:12 pm »

Well I'm sure it wont be long before I am kitting my car out with REVO. Hopefully I will be upgrading my exhaust at the same time.

Thing is I don't know which exhaust will suit my car the best. Whats the lastest up-to-date system for the DSG ED30?

Also after seeing Red's rear :ashamed: I would really love a quad system  :wink: I realize that wanting such a mod will mean either changing the rear valance and/or rear bumper.

I figured a cheap way of doing a quad exhaust, would be to use my original valance/bumper and simply cut out the other side. Then fit another infill piece surround jobbie thing!

I had a go on MS Paint, :ashamed: and yes the car is now lowered :happy2:

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
Re: Rear valance/ exhaust options???
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 11:28:31 pm »
Cheapest option would be R32 parts and R32 style exhaust.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 11:31:58 pm »
Cheapest option would be R32 parts and R32 style exhaust.

I dont think it would be to be honest. The best way would be to do what he has done with some clever plastic welding. and a custom back box.

The Edition 30 bumper suits the car really well i would keep it.  :smiley:

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • Global Ruler
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 11:50:53 pm »
The R32 rear like your TC looks amazing, and makes the car look real mean and solid and evil and wide and this one-time, at bandcamp.... :grin:
I would really love the R32 rear, but there are too many other mods i need. I think the Ed30 rear looks good too. I am sure that it would look good in black  :evilgrin:
Does anyone know if the part is available separately. (The valance infill above the tails) Also are these definitely welded?

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • Global Ruler
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 11:54:29 pm »
TC, Have you still got the Blueflame? If so, how is it? What exhaust dose Gary have? (it sounded really good on the motorway)  :wink:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 12:18:55 am »

Does anyone know if the part is available separately. (The valance infill above the tails) Also are these definitely welded?

Not to sure what you mean here Monte.  :smiley:

Also its just my opinion but i would not go changing anything on the body yet as you are still pretty new to the ED 30. i am not meaning to be condescending there bud, its just i found once you have been around the this forum and others for a while your ideas on what you want now will probably change, it happens to us all, and unless you have loads of money to throw at it again once you see something better then its best to wait and just concentrate on the engine and suspension bits.  :happy2:

TC, Have you still got the Blueflame? If so, how is it? What exhaust dose Gary have? (it sounded really good on the motorway)  :wink:

The Blueflame is ok sometimes i love it sometimes i hate it.  :smiley:

And i dont know what Zorst Gaz has i thought he was still OEM.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 09:03:42 am »
Gaz has a miltek I think.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 09:20:14 am »

Yep he's got a Milltek  :smiley:

Nope the infill piece around the exhaust tips comes as part of the bumper and it's NOT available separately  :sad1:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 11:49:54 am by SteveP »

Offline SteveyD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 09:50:02 am »
I love the arse end of my 30, recently had a non res Milltek fitted to get rid of tdi looking rear pipes, I absolutly love the noise it makes and the way it looks with the special design twin pipes only available on the Edition 30. 

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • Global Ruler
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 09:56:10 am »
^^^^any pics STEVEYD?

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • Global Ruler
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 10:37:55 am »

Not to sure what you mean here Monte.  :smiley:

Also its just my opinion but i would not go changing anything on the body yet as you are still pretty new to the ED 30. i am not meaning to be condescending there bud, its just i found once you have been around the this forum and others for a while your ideas on what you want now will probably change, it happens to us all, and unless you have loads of money to throw at it again once you see something better then its best to wait and just concentrate on the engine and suspension bits.  :happy2:

This is the part i mean TC. I wanted to just simply mirror the exhausts on the left, so I ended up with quad exhausts.

I know exactly what you are saying TC. Don't worry, the reason I am asking is so I don't jump straight into it. I am, at the moment just getting some ideas together. I know that if i wanted the quad system the bodywork would need to be done before the exhaust. If I got the R32 bumper, then it would be easier to get the exhaust, but it would cost £££'s for the R32 rear and paint. If I got my rear Ed30 valance modded like in the pic, it wouldn't cost hardly anything, but the exhaust may cost more to make.
I will probably end up sticking with the same sort of shape, as the original. I just want to look at all my options before I get a standard system and wish I would have saved some more pennies to get the R32 or quad pipes. I really like Reds set-up too. 

Yep he's got a Milltek  :smiley:

Nope the infill piece around the exhaust tips comes as part of the bumper and it's available separately :sad1:

Was that a typo STEVEP? Did you mean "not available separately"?

Gary's  Milltek sounded very good  :drool:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 11:41:16 am »
thanx for the comments Monte, must get someone to do a drive-by so I can hear it, its not that loud in the car.

My vote goes for the R32 style like TC's, I think the quad set-up looks a bit fussy :smiley:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 11:52:19 am »

Quote from: SteveP

Nope the infill piece around the exhaust tips comes as part of the bumper and it's available separately :sad1:

Was that a typo STEVEP? Did you mean "not available separately"?

Yep sorry it was a typo, it's not available separately

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 12:05:54 pm »

My vote goes for the R32 style like TC's, I think the quad set-up looks a bit fussy :smiley:

....Agreed about the quad. Which is why I changed to black ceramic tips. I've also recently had them tucked in a bit more so their appearance is more subtle. Much as I like the R32 zorst configuration I personally would be concerned that people thought I was driving a R32 when it's not one.

I prefer the aesthetic symmetry of .:R and quad arrangements.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 01:18:55 pm »
hey mate
 i,m planning to do an r32 rear next year. but have found a site that sells a rear valence with quad option for 170 ish euros-when i get home i will add alink to this so you can check it out.
i disagree with RR backside :booty: i luv it but for me the cheaper option will be an r32 ars!
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"