Make a donation

Author Topic: What to do with 18" monzas  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Jeffchiz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
What to do with 18" monzas
« on: June 21, 2014, 11:25:22 am »
Hi all, I currently have a black mk5 gti with the 18" smoke monzas im pretty sure they are called

id love the shadow monzas (diamond cut ones) but they are obviously very expensive has any one had their boring ones refurbed to look like the oem diamond cut ones?

apart from getting them diamond cut there isnt really anything else that takes my fancy apart from the oem flat silver paint

ive seen a red gti with anthracite monzas which i loved but i think itll be too dark on a black gti

basically what have people done with their monzas? any pics etc to help me decide what to do, ill probably keep it oem looking as i can imagine diamond cutting my original alloys will be very costly

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
Re: What to do with 18" monzas
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 10:03:14 am »
I had the same problem.  Diamond cutting again gets rid of the whiteworm and looks great but you will spend the next year/18 months waiting for it to return.
I went for shadow chrome powder coating: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,42652.msg503585.html#msg503585

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline Jeffchiz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 04:12:48 pm »
Very nice I have had some shadow chrome alloys before but that was some chavy  wolfrace wheels lol

I really do like that finish though,  but it looks like their Diamond cut finish is pretty reasonable at 70 per corner which is cheaper than I thought

Offline anderson9

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 12:18:05 pm »
I'm thinking about doing my black, but don't no weather to pay to get them powder coated or just go with some team dynamics 18" in gloss black finish