Make a donation

Author Topic: Diverter Valve (Including GFB DV+) How To With Photos on K03  (Read 40912 times)

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Diverter Valve (Including GFB DV+) How To With Photos on K03
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2015, 04:50:07 pm »
A quick update on this. I bought the REV D as I was told by a dealer that my REV G might be leaking.

Unfortunately he lied and VW wouldn't refund my money so I'm stuck with an extra DV.

I have tried both the REV D and REV G but I have to say on a stock GTI I'm not noticing much of a difference. If I had the option I'd probably go for a REV G.

For those that don't know, D is a piston and a mechanical top and G is a rubber diaphragm that will seal better but can rip.

Here's my new REV D

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:37:14 pm by lukemk5gti »

Offline Azzwar

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Diverter Valve How To With Photos on K03
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2015, 04:35:48 pm »
Just thought id add my input, just bought a rev g as i thought my current dv had possibly failed, turns out that a rev c and g are from what i can see the same. No noticable difference so abit annoyed but hay ho.

Offline Flyingscotsman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2015, 06:01:18 pm »
I thought that the rubber on the Rev G was supposed to be stronger and no so prone to ripping. They say that the Rev D (piston design) doesn't seal as well and leaks boost pressure.

Offline AndyeireGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2015, 01:06:09 pm »

Just thought id add my input, just bought a rev g as i thought my current dv had possibly failed, turns out that a rev c and g are from what i can see the same. No noticable difference so abit annoyed but hay ho.

I've done the same. I actually bought my DV from Luke that started this thread. No noticeable different IMO but as you said 'hey ho!' Lol it's good to keep the maintenance up on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spadds

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2015, 07:34:28 pm »
Update:

I removed my revision G DV and no sign at all of any wear whatsoever, even after breaking the whole thing down!

I installed a rev D DV which is the pistion type and the power still is not 100% like it was the first time.

When I got my car back from the mechanic I asked him to remove it and take a look himself for a second opinion. I felt a bit more pull and less hiss so I asked what he had done. He told me an air line came loose which caused lack of boost. Now this is where my head is melted, he doesn't know where the air line is because it wasn't him that done it.

I'll be back with another update on this loose air line when I get through to him.

Hi matey

Any update on what the loose air line was? I'm intrigued!?

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Diverter Valve (Including GFB DV+) How To With Photos on K03
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2016, 12:38:57 pm »
Update 29/09/2016 - Installation of GFB DV+

Step 1 - Fit GFB DV+ to existing solenoid. Two second job but don't forget to use 5W-30 to oil up the parts when assembling!

Step 2 - Photograph final assembled unit so people know you mean business

Step 3 - Follow how to guide from the start - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=post;msg=893078;topic=87824.0

Offline chrism3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
    • Email
Re: Diverter Valve (Including GFB DV+) How To With Photos on K03
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2016, 04:48:57 pm »
Thanks for this. Another thing for the wish list!

Offline croak2012

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 4
  • My first Gti mk5
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2016, 06:34:30 pm »
I just checked mine on ka04 (located top front right ) 3 x t30 torx bolt , takes 2 minutes! I had a rev d fitted
so just checked the condition of seal and plastic mounting area. I dropped a hex bit onto engine undertray!
easiest way to get it?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 07:05:28 pm by croak2012 »

Offline 99hagued

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2016, 10:29:14 pm »
I just checked mine on ka04 (located top front right ) 3 x t30 torx bolt , takes 2 minutes! I had a rev d fitted
so just checked the condition of seal and plastic mounting area. I dropped a hex bit onto engine undertray!
easiest way to get it?
One of these :happy2:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-MAGNETIC-TELESCOPIC-PICK-UP-TOOL-8LBS-3-6KG-LIFT-REACH-EXTENDING-PEN-/111356526458?nav=SEARCH

Offline chrism3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2016, 10:50:02 pm »
Been meaning to get one of those for ages! Bought!

Offline croak2012

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • My first Gti mk5
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2016, 11:22:42 pm »
Another gadget from the wrong side of ebay... I'll sleep on it... but this one could actually be beneficial !

I don't feel I'm getting enough hold on my boost on the d rev ,and the waste gate chatter does not sound all that.... I'm going to get
one of these after I sort out xenons! because I have ka04 it probably worth getting...

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2016, 08:22:42 am »
easiest way to get it?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-MAGNETIC-TELESCOPIC-PICK-UP-TOOL-8LBS-3-6KG-LIFT-REACH-EXTENDING-PEN-/111356526458?nav=SEARCH

I have one of these with a light on the tip along with the magnet. Had to actually use it after I dropped a bolt myself!

To be completely honest I fell no night and day difference with the GFB but I'm glad I did it because I'll be keeping my car.

I wouldn't bother if I wasn't holding onto it for longer than a year or two (when the diaphragm might tear again) or if I was remapping.

Offline croak2012

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • My first Gti mk5
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2016, 11:55:10 am »
easiest way to get it?

I have one of these with a light on the tip along with the magnet. Had to actually use it after I dropped a bolt myself!

To be completely honest I fell no night and day difference with the GFB but I'm glad I did it because I'll be keeping my car.

I wouldn't bother if I wasn't holding onto it for longer than a year or two (when the diaphragm might tear again) or if I was remapping.

with light! - I want that one!

I get what you're saying but i don't have the G rev with diaphram. Rev D fitted and apparently it leaks boost from day one and gets worse with age. people have mentioned they notice a difference when changing to rev G or GFB + because it holds boost better (and sounds a bit better. haha)But I have not really heard any comparisons on Reg G vs DV+ - think its just the reliability- maybe this is why you're not noticing a massive difference - because you came from rev g . but the reliability of the GFB dv+ is well worth considering if you want to keep car for long period  like you mention. (ignore all this if you came from piston dv haha)

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2016, 12:03:08 pm »
easiest way to get it?

with light! - I want that one!

I get what you're saying but i don't have the G rev with diaphram. Rev D fitted and apparently it leaks boost from day one and gets worse with age. people have mentioned they notice a difference when changing to rev G or GFB + because it holds boost better (and sounds a bit better. haha)But I have not really heard any comparisons on Reg G vs DV+ - think its just the reliability- maybe this is why you're not noticing a massive difference - because you came from rev g . but the reliability of the GFB dv+ is well worth considering if you want to keep car for long period  like you mention. (ignore all this if you came from piston dv haha)

Guess I'll ignore all of this since I installed the Rev D piston prior to the GFB  :signLOL:

Offline croak2012

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • My first Gti mk5
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2016, 01:00:55 pm »
Aaah... I forgot you posted a pic of it haha ... I should of re read the thread  :signLOL:

... but still.... that rev d you put in looks brand new!    :thinking: