Make a donation

Author Topic: Diverter Valve (Including GFB DV+) How To With Photos on K03  (Read 41083 times)

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
Re: Diverter Valve How To With Photos on K03
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 11:11:25 pm »
Why did you replace it?
Who replaced it?

I wrote the how to!!!!

I replaced it myself because I got the error code and could feel no boost.

Bought part from Vw and for myself.

Any error codes?
Visually checked the DV?
Yes, they can split VERY soon.
I VERY much doubt VW will give a replacement, definitely worth trying after inspecting though.
I've had a replacement online after 2 months of splitting on K03.

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 11:13:17 am »
Why did you replace it?
Who replaced it?

I wrote the how to!!!!

I replaced it myself because I got the error code and could feel no boost.

Bought part from Vw and for myself.

Any error codes?
Visually checked the DV?
Yes, they can split VERY soon.
I VERY much doubt VW will give a replacement, definitely worth trying after inspecting though.
I've had a replacement online after 2 months of splitting on K03.

Going to scan this evening to check....

I called into VW this morning and asked about it. I said I bought it from VW and installed it myself.

They said I can book it in and they would remove it and replace it free of charge as their policy states that labour is free if it breaks.

I'm pretty happy with this result so I'll scan tonight and ask them to replace if it's gone.

Reckon I should go for Rev D over Rev G this time?

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 11:19:35 am »
But if its not the dv at fault,you'll have to foot the repair bill.
I worked in vw for years and never heard of them doing a warranty repair on something that was not fitted in a dealer workshop.
Let us know how you get on!!
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 11:46:07 am »
But if its not the dv at fault,you'll have to foot the repair bill.
I worked in vw for years and never heard of them doing a warranty repair on something that was not fitted in a dealer workshop.
Let us know how you get on!!

I was actually worried about that. I'll scan tonight to check for boost leak and I'll also ask them if I have to pay if I'm in the wrong before I book it in!

Offline chris1440

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 08:42:59 pm »
Did you find out if it had split again?
I ended up having the rev D put in mine and the car is running like a dream.  Cant believe that I was pretty much running without the turbo.  Power increase is brilliant.  No comment on whether it would have been even better if a G was put in though!

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2014, 08:47:30 pm »
Did you find out if it had split again?
I ended up having the rev D put in mine and the car is running like a dream.  Cant believe that I was pretty much running without the turbo.  Power increase is brilliant.  No comment on whether it would have been even better if a G was put in though!

I noticed today the cv boot on my driver side is weeping so I'm going to repair this and remove the dv all in one on Thursday as I'm off work.

Will update then. If it is split I'll ask vw specifically for a Rev d this time.

Wonder if I can drive it with the dv removed for a day whilst waiting?

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 08:11:37 pm »
I've scanned my car countless times but there's no sign of error code for low boost.

I think my dv is split though?

Could I have split dv without error code?

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2014, 05:43:41 pm »
Just whip Dv back off and check it!
Great how to by the way although i personally found it easier to just do it from underneath without touching arch liner etc
Took me less than 15 mins to change mine few weeks ago!
Mine was torn to bits! Boosting hard now on Rev G :-)

Car is completely standard too so hopedully last a while, that was 1st time its ever been changed on my 57 plate Gti
Mk5 Golf....... The Real GTI Reborn

Offline Stevepd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 06:05:00 pm »
Yep same I only removed the front half of the arch. Mine was a Rev B so probably original, replaced mine with a GFB item - what a difference.
Standard 5 Door Shadow blue.

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 06:06:56 pm »
Great how to by the way although i personally found it easier to just do it from underneath without touching arch liner etc

Car is completely standard too so hopedully last a while, that was 1st time its ever been changed on my 57 plate Gti

Actually thought about updating it as when I did it the second time I noticed I didn't need to remove the arch liner at all. It really doesn't make much of a difference.

I did get it off last time and no signs of damage!!!

I wonder if the damage was on the underside of the rubber. Tough to explain but you know the part of the rubber you can't see.

I might try disassemble and see what's the story

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 06:30:21 pm »

Actually thought about updating it as when I did it the second time I noticed I didn't need to remove the arch liner at all. It really doesn't make much of a difference.

I did get it off last time and no signs of damage!!!

I wonder if the damage was on the underside of the rubber. Tough to explain but you know the part of the rubber you can't see.

I might try disassemble and see what's the story

Let us know how you get on mate :-)
Im just going to treat mine as a service item and either check or replace every 12 months :happy2:
Mk5 Golf....... The Real GTI Reborn

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 38
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90017.0.html
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 06:21:35 pm »
Any update on this?  :happy2:

Where Napoleons armies marched with horse and musket and Hitlers Reich crumbled in blood and rubble, the warriors of Armageddon do battle against the landscape of hell now indeed thrive the ARMOURERS

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2014, 08:37:14 am »
As I said above I did take it off after I had replaced it but no signs of wear.

Power is 100% gone though and I'm hearing the whistling and don't get any boost.

I actually have laser alignment booked in with VW later so I'm going to ask them to take a look and see if they'll honour their deal on the free labour on VW parts but only if they don't charge me if I'm wrong.

If not I had intended on getting one of the P3 boost gauges so I can read the boost off that and compare with other GTI's. I really just don't want to take it off again because I'll have to disassemble it too which may void warranty.

Offline P3T3R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • 05 GTI, R-Tech stage 1
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,82245.0.html
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2014, 09:00:09 pm »
Any update on this?

I replaced my DV for a G back around June/July and as others have stated gained an instant power and MPG increase :driver:, lately though it has felt down on power and the MPG is lower than normal so I assumed it had split, whipped the wheel off and pulled it out, no tears or rips so put it all back together tightened the bolts and boom instant power and MPG increase again but after only a week it is already starting to loose it again. I am going to take the bolts out and stick some heatproof Loctite on the bolts as I think they are coming loose. Hopefully this will solve the issue as I am booked in with R-Tech a week on Friday, and want the car to be 100% so it can make the best gains possible!

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2015, 12:51:14 pm »
Update:

I removed my revision G DV and no sign at all of any wear whatsoever, even after breaking the whole thing down!

I installed a rev D DV which is the pistion type and the power still is not 100% like it was the first time.

When I got my car back from the mechanic I asked him to remove it and take a look himself for a second opinion. I felt a bit more pull and less hiss so I asked what he had done. He told me an air line came loose which caused lack of boost. Now this is where my head is melted, he doesn't know where the air line is because it wasn't him that done it.

I'll be back with another update on this loose air line when I get through to him.