Make a donation

Author Topic: Dans grey MK5 GTI. Prepping for VagTuner  (Read 275107 times)

dansmith180

Re: Dans grey MK5 GTI. Undertray broke, track day booked.
« Reply #900 on: December 31, 2016, 11:23:45 am »
Awesome Dan what a steal that is!! Buzz master track demolisher going too??

Yes these two will finally be on track together  :pomppomp:

just read this over the last two days what a journey youve had with your car lol.
8 months into owning my car im ready for more power... however at 130k on my BWA im nervous :thinking:
but will be taking it one step at time starting with a full service...
i have handling out the way with Bilstein b14 coilovers, whiteline anti lift kit and anti roll bars... so lookin to go for a safe stage 2+ with a set of good brakes... and ill be out on the track by summer hopefully :driver:

Thanks mate, yeah it's been a real rollercoaster at times but we all do it for the love as there's nothing in the world I enjoy more than a good drive when it's working properly.

Yeah 130k is fairly high but as long as you make sure all the common bits are in good nic and service it well and regularly it should be fine. These engines so need a little TLC but they're pretty damn strong if the get it. Maybe see you out on track sometime then  :evilgrin:

dansmith180

Re: Dans grey MK5 GTI. Photoshoot and HD Video
« Reply #901 on: January 08, 2017, 10:44:59 am »
So not really done much just trying not to drive it and save what's left in the flywheel for the track day. But been meaning to do some filming with a mate for a while but I kept waiting until the car was perfect however I've come to accept that time doesn't exist lol.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 07:37:12 pm by dansmith180 »

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #902 on: January 08, 2017, 05:15:27 pm »
Bwaaaaapp-popp. Love it!

Offline Pagejack

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #903 on: January 08, 2017, 10:34:17 pm »
Real nice project there Dan. 

Give it 3 years I'll be up there with you lol  :smiley:

kamcca

Re: Dans grey MK5 GTI. Photoshoot
« Reply #904 on: January 09, 2017, 10:19:08 pm »
Looks great - just spent two days reading (in between googling parts and changing nappies!), I've so many ideas now.... definitely gonna be broke

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #905 on: January 10, 2017, 03:44:10 pm »
Great pictures Dan! :drinking:

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #906 on: January 14, 2017, 08:53:13 am »
Nice! :happy2:

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #907 on: January 16, 2017, 04:24:32 pm »
Dan and I met up over the weekend for some funnings and cleanings.

IMG_4137-4 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

IMG_4145-8 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Adding more to the shopping list.

IMG_4147-10 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

In a bid to finally be quicker than me he removed his rear seats, left his gym bag in though....

IMG_4150-13 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

IMG_4154-16 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

:)

dansmith180

« Reply #908 on: January 16, 2017, 05:37:00 pm »
 :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:  :congrats:  :congrats:

Was a good day, gearbox oil changed and some cleaning + prep for Friday sorted. Had a Dominos and the dog came to help for a bit

Can't wait for Friday.  :grin:  :grin:

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #909 on: January 16, 2017, 06:07:00 pm »
They look awesome pal especially with the centre locks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #910 on: January 16, 2017, 06:39:06 pm »
Is that an ED35 seat belt the Dogs got on  :signLOL:

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #911 on: January 16, 2017, 07:31:43 pm »
Looking so cool Dan!!

Your Team Dynamics look better than others I've seen. What spec and offset are they? Are the centre caps something special?

Sorry for the numpty questions, but I just love the look of them and am seriously thinking of a similar set up for my motor (if you don't mind of course

dansmith180

« Reply #912 on: January 16, 2017, 11:34:51 pm »
Looking so cool Dan!!

Your Team Dynamics look better than others I've seen. What spec and offset are they? Are the centre caps something special?

Sorry for the numpty questions, but I just love the look of them and am seriously thinking of a similar set up for my motor (if you don't mind of course

Thanks mate, they're Matt Black 18x8j ET45 with the centre caps they all come with. I think that the stud kit and being Matt not Gloss helps the caliper and other accents pop more and looks better overall. I don't own the look lol I'd be flattered if someone liked mine enough to to copy. Knowing me I'll have new wheels soon anyways  :innocent:

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Dans grey MK5 GTI. Photoshoot, track ready.
« Reply #913 on: January 17, 2017, 01:21:59 pm »
Awesome Dan. Thanks a million for that. Pretty set on these as the new wheels for my motor  :driver:

dansmith180

Re: Dans grey MK5 GTI. Photoshoot, track ready.
« Reply #914 on: January 26, 2017, 10:59:12 pm »
So ive been waiting for the track day pics to come through before updating but they took longer than I was expecting.

Was an awesome day, early start which I hate and damn cold but that's about the only reason I had to complain all day. Was beautiful and clear literally the whole day and by the time lunch was over the track was absolutely perfect for tyres and turbos alike.

The Michelin PS4's are a great road tyre and although they still had plenty of grip on the track they really were let down by poor feedback and soft sidewalls. They definitely feel a bit numb and I was guessing corner speeds for the first couple of sessions but they came to life a bit with some temperature and are still a great all round tyre but I do want something more hardcore for the next day out.

Overall the car performed very well with zero issues, it definitely needs stiffening up a bit and a front ARB to bring it into line. It ate the front brake pads very quickly though and the discs are now discoloured  :innocent: but the yellowstuffs were always a cheap pad so I'm not surprised.

Cannot wait for the next one.

A short video Jay took for me. Please ignore the embarrassing chatter and my fat face in the stupid helmet. This was the second session and I was starting to build some confidence and push harder which lead to it being quite messy at times but a lot of fun. The beauty of Bedford is almost endless run off so you can just go mental with no fear.

Frosty morning pics

Parked up in the pits/ helipad

Out on track

Fantastic MPG on track