Make a donation

Author Topic: BSH True Seal Intake  (Read 24305 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: BSH True Seal Intake
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 12:06:02 pm »
is there no way to get a uk firm to make one like that and lots cheaper

Without a shadow of a doubt, you could even carbon wrap it for posers  :wink:

Someone who is handy at making custom sub boxes would be a good start...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 12:10:47 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 12:08:41 pm »

I have the ITG, cuprak1 the BSH. If I was to do it all again I would have just got the BSH. Nothing beats the BSH for VFM.

We can get some flow figures up to compare the two if someone with VAG COM meets up with us, if not I will try and get DanGB to assist.

....You seem to be suggesting that both the BSH and VF intakes perform (flow?) better than the ITG. Or at least that you prefer either to the ITG - Any other reasons? IIRC you were very keen on the ITG once upon a time.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 12:16:32 pm »
is there no way to get a uk firm to make one like that and lots cheaper

Without a shadow of a doubt, you could even carbon wrap it for posers  :wink:

....And I most certainly could - A very good friend of mine does carbon wrapping etc.

Tooling costs for a plastic version wouldn't be cheap though. It's all a bit easier said than done.

I can't make sense of your words, Mat - Are you saying there's "no way" you could get a UK firm to make one like that (the GruppeM) for "lots cheaper"? Or that a UK firm could easily produce it cheaper than GruppeM?

Anyway, the GruppeM filter looks very small. I still favour the Forge Twintake at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 12:28:56 pm by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 12:18:39 pm »
I have the ITG, cuprak1 the BSH. If I was to do it all again I would have just got the BSH. Nothing beats the BSH for VFM.

We can get some flow figures up to compare the two if someone with VAG COM meets up with us, if not I will try and get DanGB to assist.
Yup sounds like a plan mate, do a little intake shoot out comparison stylee

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 12:27:37 pm »

....I'm not confident that your comparisons would be that meaningful unless you compared intakes on the same individual car. On different cars, even the same manufacturer, it certainly wouldn't convince me which intake to choose.

It's been said before but is there really that much difference between all these intakes on the market?

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • London web design
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 12:41:20 pm »

....I'm not confident that your comparisons would be that meaningful unless you compared intakes on the same individual car. On different cars, even the same manufacturer, it certainly wouldn't convince me which intake to choose.

It's been said before but is there really that much difference between all these intakes on the market?

I hear what your saying about the different car thing but we have identical set ups at the mo.. so might be a wasted test or might not be.. sure will be fun testing though hehe

Ive always said theres no point spending upwards of 300 on an intake when the bsh one does a grand job on mine at 50% of the price of itg... im not saying the price tag isnt deserved for the itg intake because i know a lot of time and effort went into the production of it. Just would like to get the two compaired and if that means swapping my bsh onto povs car or similar then why not  :party:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2009, 12:48:14 pm »

I hear what your saying about the different car thing but we have identical set ups at the mo.. so might be a wasted test or might not be.. sure will be fun testing though hehe

.... :happy2: We'll all enjoy seeing the results of you guys having fun anyway.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 01:13:42 pm »

Ive always said theres no point spending upwards of 300 on an intake when the bsh one does a grand job on mine at 50% of the price of itg... im not saying the price tag isnt deserved for the itg intake because i know a lot of time and effort went into the production of it. Just would like to get the two compaired and if that means swapping my bsh onto povs car or similar then why not  :party:

got to agree there. it is great value for money, and if it does in fact perform as well as the ITG then its makes it even better.

All cars act different hbut if your cars are on the same fuel, boost and timing settings on the SPS switch, plus using the same grade and brand of fuel then comparisons will be fine, albeit not as accurate as doing it on the same car (which would be better) but the flow rates wouldnt be to much changed i think. Defiantely better than not knowing at all

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 01:21:06 pm »
I'd be willing to help with logging for any tests to be done  :happy2:

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • London web design
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 02:07:51 pm »
I'd be willing to help with logging for any tests to be done  :happy2:

Cool, where you from again mate?  :fighting2:

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2009, 02:43:35 pm »
Bury St Edmunds, so I would suggest we could meet somewhere in the middle  :happy2:

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • London web design
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 02:47:12 pm »
Somewhere in the middle is like stanstead airport ish  :sad1: LONG lol

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 03:00:09 pm »
Well they have a good private bit of road there called a runway which we could use for logging  :signLOL:

Unless there is anybody with VCDS closer to you that could help?

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 03:02:34 pm »
Anyway back on topic - It seems that the reason most people have not gone for this intake is because they have not been able to get hold of it for one reason or another.  I'll keep you all updated about my experiences with once I have it.

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • London web design
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 03:13:38 pm »
Like i said on page one. i can soon get my hands on these . all in good time  :pomppomp: