Make a donation

Author Topic: BSH True Seal Intake  (Read 24312 times)

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
BSH True Seal Intake
« on: November 11, 2009, 10:18:12 am »
I'm just curious as to why people are not considering the BSH True Seal Intake along with the new Forge Twintake and the ITG?

From my research it has a lot going for it and can be had at a significantly cheaper price than the ITG and probably the Forge as well.

- It has 67mm ID piping throughout
 - MAF placement is the same as stock
 - Short intake pipe meaning the air has less bends to negotiate and not as far to travel
 - Sealed RAM style intake with the true seal box using the OEM position
 - Integrated bung for remotely loacated DV (Dubtek will provide people with a silcone reducer for this to fit the OEM DV hoses)
 - Great results and review from testing with it in the US

Going on the above I have decided to order one and will do a write up of the installation and review of how it performs including extensive logging.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 10:20:01 pm by KRL »

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: BSH True Seal Intake
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 10:22:03 am »
I Agree, my reason was was because I spent weeks trying to get details from BSH about this kit at the start of the year to get info on fitment for K04 based cars, but never got a response (this was before dubtek became a BSH dealer).

So this is why I went with ITG  :happy2:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 10:43:58 am by SteveP »

Offline DaveyCupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 10:39:46 am »
I Agree, my reason was was because I spent weeks trying to get details from BSH about this kit at the start of the year to get info on fitment for K04 based cars, but never go a response (this was before dubtek became a BSH dealer).

x2, I bought the EVOMS because at the time ITG or Forge Twintake wasn't available  :smiley:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 10:48:06 am »
I Agree, my reason was was because I spent weeks trying to get details from BSH about this kit at the start of the year to get info on fitment for K04 based cars, but never got a response (this was before dubtek became a BSH dealer).

So this is why I went with ITG  :happy2:

x3 spoken to dubtek a few times about it nothing  :sad1:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 10:49:30 am »
Im interested in this kit also, forgive my lack of knowledge but what does the DV relocation mean? I have a KO3 gti so would i need the relocation kit?

DUBTEK - help :party:

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 10:50:24 am »
I am soon to be importing a batch of these if anyone is interested. I cant say too much as im not listed as a trader as of yet but i will be happy to answer any quesstions privatly.

On a personal note from my point of view i rate the BSH on the k03 AND k04 , i run the kit on my k04 and its flawless and looks and fits nice. feel free to ask any questions here about the kit (not selling)

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 10:51:07 am »

Aren't the EVOMS, VF, Neuspeed, and BSH intakes all very similar to each other? Apart from perhaps differences in their MAF housing measurements.

They all have heat shielding around the open filter but I question how effective any of their shielding methods are when compared with a fully enclosed filter.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 10:57:39 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • London web design
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 10:52:05 am »
Im interested in this kit also, forgive my lack of knowledge but what does the DV relocation mean? I have a KO3 gti so would i need the relocation kit?

The kit comes with a blank off bung for the remote DV pipe, you dont need to do anything other than fit the bung on your k03 car .

cheers

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 10:55:22 am »

The kit comes with a blank off bung for the remote DV pipe, you dont need to do anything other than fit the bung on your k03 car .

cheers

Thank you K1- so straight plug and play

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • London web design
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 10:58:21 am »

cheers

Thank you K1- so straight plug and play

yup, everything is in the box, will take about 35 mins start to finish for a 1st timer to fit, i can help with fitting if anyone needs it too

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 11:00:23 am »
I had no problems getting replies from Dubtek when talking to Ben via email.  You can contact them on sales@hosesolutions.org.uk.

@ Robin - the BSH is different from the Nuespeed etc because the tray is actually sealed against the bonnet.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 11:02:20 am »
he sells them on ebay for £150 so u cant knock it all

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 11:08:54 am »

Aren't the EVOMS, VF, Neuspeed, and BSH intakes all very similar to each other? Apart from perhaps differences in their MAF housing measurements.

They all have heat shielding around the open filter but I question how effective any of their shielding methods are when compared with a fully enclosed filter.

The heat shielding is in effect the same as a sealed airbox, what you lose in not having it 100% sealed off you gain from it not being right next to the engine... swings and roundabouts.

This of course only matters when standing still, ramming air into either will instantly cool them down, as plastic is a terrible heat conducter.
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 11:11:58 am »

I had no problems getting replies from Dubtek when talking to Ben via email.  You can contact them on sales@hosesolutions.org.uk.

@ Robin - the BSH is different from the Nuespeed etc because the tray is actually sealed against the bonnet.

....No communication problems so far with Ben @ Dubtek from me either.

Theoretically I thought that all those I listed are supposed to seal against the bonnet. I doubt if it's a good seal against a carbon bonnet or one without a bonnet lining. And we all know what I feel about blocks of foam tacked on.

Although incredibly expensive, the GruppeM intake probably captures the most air and seals it the best from the engine bay.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 11:16:33 am »

I had no problems getting replies from Dubtek when talking to Ben via email.  You can contact them on sales@hosesolutions.org.uk.

....No communication problems so far with Ben @ Dubtek from me either.

Theoretically I thought that all those I listed are supposed to seal against the bonnet. I doubt if it's a good seal against a carbon bonnet or one without a bonnet lining. And we all know what I feel about blocks of foam tacked on.

Although incredibly expensive, the GruppeM intake probably captures the most air and seals it the best from the engine bay.

any pics?

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,