Make a donation

Author Topic: Morgens ED30 No. 1871 - New suspension & audio!  (Read 129956 times)

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 10
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
Re: My ED30 No. 1871!
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2015, 01:07:53 pm »

Had ten minutes left on my lunch and was a little bored, so I replaced my headlight switch..

Tried to take the drivers side grab handle off to replace the window switches too but it's being ridiculously stubborn. I don't have any trim removal tools so I'm going to try using a butter knife when I get home

Offline rumblytripod

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2015, 02:42:47 pm »
Nice, switch upgrades are on my to do list

Offline Rossimac

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90767.0.html
« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2015, 03:25:09 pm »
New headlight switch really does make a lot of difference for some reason... Looks great!

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
My ED30 No. 1871!
« Reply #183 on: November 17, 2015, 02:19:07 pm »
Thanks guys!

The drivers side door switches are doing my head in.. I've removed the grab handle but can't get the switches out due to these pesky little plastic tabs!

But anyway..

When I first posted this thread last year I asked whether I should go for stance or speed... I wasn't able to make up my mind so it seemed to start going in the direction of stance. After fitting an intake I've started to consider performance modifications, after all Ed30s are ridiculously tuneable... My goal is a simple 300bhp so I'm tempted to book her into R-Tech as a christmas present from me to my car.

Other than replacing the PCV and DV, what else should I do before taking it for a remap? Or would it be gravy just to map it with the intake as my only performance enhancing modification? Thanks

I don't understand the "stage" system either. What makes a car stage 1? What hardware does that require? Same for 1+, 2, 2+ etc. Would appreciate if someone could explain, in dumb terms for me if possible!

Offline lewisako

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
  • Stay Humble
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,93348.msg935576.html#msg935576
« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2015, 04:52:49 pm »
Fair enough! I'm considering getting one (literally just for the noise so I can be like a kid at Christmas every time I put my foot down!) but I also quite like the look of my engine cover...

In terms of being quicker, it is possible as far as I'm aware but I think most people say it will have little to no difference in most cases.

Pretty sure you can get the ttrs engine cover to fit after.

Lovely car, really like it! Really want an ed30 myself!!!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 04:56:00 pm by lewisako »

Offline cupra.al

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2015, 05:51:23 pm »
Stage one is just a map no other hardware needed although thats not to stop you from having stage two plus hardware and only having stage one map will just give a better looking graph i should think.
I was going to explain all but remembered about this page which explains all in a much mopre simple way than i could explain.
http://r-techperformance.co.uk/2-0-tfsi-tuning/

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2015, 11:57:27 am »
Fair enough! I'm considering getting one (literally just for the noise so I can be like a kid at Christmas every time I put my foot down!) but I also quite like the look of my engine cover...

In terms of being quicker, it is possible as far as I'm aware but I think most people say it will have little to no difference in most cases.

Pretty sure you can get the ttrs engine cover to fit after.

Lovely car, really like it! Really want an ed30 myself!!!

I've heard the ttrs cover will fit with an intake too :) I'm going to run without one now though! I quite enjoy the racey look it gives! Considering r8 coil packs to help a wee bit with that

Stage one is just a map no other hardware needed although thats not to stop you from having stage two plus hardware and only having stage one map will just give a better looking graph i should think.
I was going to explain all but remembered about this page which explains all in a much mopre simple way than i could explain.
http://r-techperformance.co.uk/2-0-tfsi-tuning/

Thanks man! I might phone r-tech up and ask them a few questions.. It's a 5 hour drive so I don't want it to feel like a half-wasted trip in any way!  :ashamed:

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2015, 01:07:53 pm »

Gave the engine bay a wee clean on lunch... For some reason my R8 oil cap doesn't fit so the standard one will have to do until I sort something out

Also rain-x'd my windows but my scene window sticker died so it was time to say goodbye

I need another, I enjoy scene windscreen stickers.

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2015, 04:25:26 pm »
A girl into the VW modifying scene?

2015 has shown me some real sheeeet :signLOL:

I love the colour of your car, I must say the wheels do really work :happy2:

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2015, 04:58:43 pm »
A girl into the VW modifying scene?

2015 has shown me some real sheeeet :signLOL:

I love the colour of your car, I must say the wheels do really work :happy2:

Haha we're a rare species I will admit! But it's not as uncommon as you think! Granted, I'm the only one of my female friends that knows how to remove a wheel  :signLOL:

Thanks  :wink: I do agree! Grey on grey is one of my favourite combinations

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2016, 01:35:56 pm »
Been a while..

My brother bought me a gti dead pedal for christmas so I've got that to go on, and Adam bought me a mk6 climatronic unit. I'll need to buy the mk6 fascia so it fits and also find out how to fit it! But yays for pretty interior things :)

Just purchased purple fog light tint and a windscreen sticker, to satisfy the wantings to be a scene queen. I love purple.

"Financial Mistake" is pretty fitting though, I had to press buy it now.

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2016, 01:41:45 pm »
"Financial Mistake" windscreen sticker has arrived, along with my purple fog light tint. Those can wait though because the car truly is a financial mistake and I am a moron.

Managed to reverse into a Corsa at speed, though I'll make myself feel a bit better and admit that it was in my blind spot. But still, I hit it. I need a bumper, rear diffuser, parking sensor and replace my two rear drivers side tail lights.. The outer one is smashed so that's a priority :( The inner is just slightly cracked. Haven't washed the car in about two months so it's absolutely disgusting to look at. Completely fallen out of love.

Purchased an outer tail light, need to fit it when I can be bothered.. Also, the same day I damaged it my pad wear light popped up on the dash so I need to order discs and pads now too.. Oh and fix the Corsa. I'm utterly skint.

Then, I get a lovely screw in my front tyre and have had to pop the spare on for now. I honestly want to cry when I look at it. She was so beautiful.

Then to add insult to injury, my drivers window managed to open itself in tropical rain and I only realised when the alarm was set off about four hours later... Car was utterly soaked and my central locking no longer works. I have to open the car with the key and it sets the alarm off.

Also, the sunglass holder fell out on top of my head and it hurt. Then the rest of the plastics decided to follow suit. I'm so fed up of this car but I know I'll love it when I fix her all up so must remain somewhat positive. Cry cry cry. I'll upload some pictures when I'm on my phone but I needed to write this long post to vent a little bit about how much I hate it. Broken. Stupid. Golf

In other news, my Mum has just traded her diesel A4 in for a 57 black GTi. What a woman  :drinking:

EDIT:

Adam took my key apart: central locking now works again! The mind boggles.. Oh and I ordered rear footwell lights and they've arrived now too.. Something else to fit when I can be arsed. No motivation for the car at present.

To fit:

Rear footwell lights
Windscreen sticker for all of the scene
Rear outer tail light
Purple fog light tint
GTi Dead Pedal

To buy:

Front CV Joints
Front discs & pads
Rear bumper (May now go for an R32 rear)
Rear parking sensor
Rear diffuser
Corsa rear light
Corsa Bumper
Valium

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:51:35 pm by Morgen »

Offline MateyGuv

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 67
  • Instagram & YouTube - mateyguv
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69555.0.html
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2016, 03:42:17 pm »
Youv had some really bad luck! Hope you get everything back together cause you know you'll be head over heals again when she's fixed up, clean and sparkling  :happy2:

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2016, 04:53:20 pm »
That's somewhat of an horror story... :surprised:

Hope everything can be sorted soon so you can love and drive your Eddie again.

I can sell you a couple of rear parking sensors that I removed from my Golfs when I installed OPS sensors, if you want. I've already sold a couple to Northern Ireland. :smiley:

dansmith180

« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2016, 06:39:24 pm »
Terrible luck, sorry to hear that  :sad1:

I had a similar incident with my drivers window being open, and how my drive is sloped down and cambered 80% of the water that goes on the roof rolls down the drivers window. It was half open and was pisssing with rain, luckily only 5-10 minutes after it started raining my step dad came home (earlier than usual) and pointed it out so there was minimal damage.

Hope you get her sorted and fall back in love again soon  :happy2: