Make a donation

Author Topic: Shadow blue GTI depo lights and ebay headunit...............  (Read 14560 times)

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,103290.0.html
Re: Shadow blue GTI depo lights and ebay headunit...............
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2015, 06:13:53 pm »

Lovely car buddy and love those seats  :drool: Do you have a link for that head unit?

Yeah man the seats really sold me on the car, they were spec'd from new. link for the headunit.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Radio-SatNav-GPS-CD-for-VW-PASSAT-GOLF-MK5-6-T5-EOS-POLO-SKODA-JETTA-7900GBP-/181186539350?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Thanks mate is the bluetooth any good on it as this is a big thing for me as the phone is always ringing lol

Ive not had a problem with it mate but  i dont use it for very long calls,  they do an add on microphone whoch u might want to  consider  could make things clearer. But ive not had any problems with the  Bluetooth connection itself.

Thanks for the reply buddy, yeah I will consider the another mic for it if I buy one thanks again

Offline Druster

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2015, 11:24:58 am »
Looks fantastic in blue mate and the red calipers set it off a treat! Just contemplating what to do with mine 'cus red on red is not working for me - too much RED!  :evilgrin: :fighting:

Does the eBay unit work ok with your MFSW?

Cheers
Dru

Offline cicco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2015, 09:36:29 pm »
Looks fantastic in blue mate and the red calipers set it off a treat! Just contemplating what to do with mine 'cus red on red is not working for me - too much RED!  :evilgrin: :fighting:

Does the eBay unit work ok with your MFSW?

Cheers
Dru

Cheers mate,  im really happy with the car. How about black calipers,  that would look good with the red. Yeah all thw MFSW controls work even the phone button

dansmith180

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2015, 10:20:56 pm »
Lovely car mate, by far the best blue one I've ever seen  :happy2:

Offline cicco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2015, 12:26:19 pm »
Lovely car mate, by far the best blue one I've ever seen  :happy2:

Thanks alot mate. I do love it

Offline Sjw_Vw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2015, 01:26:50 pm »
Absolutely stunning :happy2:
Instagram - sjw_vw. Updated all the time :)

Offline Druster

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
Shadow blue GTI depo lights and ebay headunit...............
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2015, 11:24:19 am »
Well I decided as money is being ploughed into house renovations that I'd give an eBay special a go.

Unit arrived quickly, looks fantastic, is easy to use and after a late night install I'm sorry to report that any audio source played loud enough to be heard clearly when moving is clipping and popping badly - you get what you pay for, really disappointed 'cus it looks the business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 11:44:40 am by Druster »

Offline Martk19871

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 14
  • Va Va Voom
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,100145.msg983012.html#msg983012
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2015, 06:54:46 pm »
What ebay special did you opt for mate? Considering one myself but hard to pick....some photos of it in situ and working would be good!

Offline Druster

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2015, 11:30:35 pm »
Erisin 7900. You'll not be disappointed with its appearance and except for a few niggles (it's just started telling me when I open my door, American Nav voice and no post code search plus it won't dim at night unless the lights are turned off and back on) it's fantastic value when compared to a similar oem set up.

Hopefully I can get a refund and opt for a Bluetooth xcarlink or connects2 module to put me on. I'll take some pics b4 i do my disappointed uninstall!

Offline cicco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2015, 01:27:21 pm »
Well I decided as money is being ploughed into house renovations that I'd give an eBay special a go.

Unit arrived quickly, looks fantastic, is easy to use and after a late night install I'm sorry to report that any audio source played loud enough to be heard clearly when moving is clipping and popping badly - you get what you pay for, really disappointed 'cus it looks the business!

Ah that's a shame mate, i haven't has any of those problems with mine, but like you said its a gamble at the price. it maybe worth contacting the seller and see if the will send out a replacement or something

Offline Druster

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2015, 02:20:21 pm »
I've yet to send the unit back and have the refund hit my account so, I don't want to speak too soon but they have been responsive so far - fingers crossed! I ordered a usb plug a while ago however and i just noticed you've installed one. My slight adjustment however was to drill out the green core and glue in a lightning plug to dock my phone - works a treat!

Offline Druster

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2015, 02:20:40 pm »
I've yet to send the unit back and have the refund hit my account so, I don't want to speak too soon but they have been responsive so far - fingers crossed! I ordered a usb plug a while ago however and i just noticed you've installed one. My slight adjustment however was to drill out the green core and glue in a lightning plug to dock my phone - works a treat!