Make a donation

Author Topic: Stage 1 Remap issue on My 1.9 105hp HELP!!  (Read 1436 times)

alexjfinn

Stage 1 Remap issue on My 1.9 105hp HELP!!
« on: February 11, 2015, 04:59:26 pm »
Hi everyone

This is my first post as I've just got a MK5 1.9l 105hp TDI

I've got a stage 1 remapped and I've noticed a few things a bit strange in the past few days and I was wondering if someone could tell me if its serious or what.. :confused:

I was on the motorway the other night and it was completely empty so lets say hypothetically I tried to see what the speed increase on the remap was like and I got to 120mph.. :driver:

Obviously even though it was remapped I didn't want to push Gary the Golf too far so i put my foot on the clutch so the revvs went right down and started breaking...

Speed went down to about 85mph and i took my foot off the clutch and planned to continue to drive normally ..BUT.. as I put my foot on the accelerator a bit more the power dropped and basically limp mode looked to have started?? The were no warning lights at all so i pulled off at the next junction and turned the ignition off and then back on and it went away??

Second strange thing was this.. I was in fifth gear at about 1500revvs and then all of a sudden it felt like i had just driven over a really bumpy patch in the road for about two seconds when i tried to accelerate? I understand this can be the car just before stalling when your going 1000 revvs but this made no sense because i was at 1500+?? i put my foot on the clutch and then back off and its gone away?

Can anyone shed any light on this? the remap is from a reputable company and i checked all their reviews and feedback and its all brilliant so its not just some dodgy garage :/

Any help would be much appreciated!

Alex. :happy2:

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
Re: Stage 1 Remap issue on My 1.9 105hp HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 07:27:40 am »
Get a scan first

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:49:38 am »
6speed??

I had one of these. I also noticed that rumbling if you floor it in top gear at low rpm. Just change down a gear.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 09:31:30 am »
Rumbling is probably the DMF complaining.

Who is the company?

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 09:54:45 am »
Lack of power will be limp mode. Need it scanned.
the bumpyness us the dmf on its way out.  Do an smf conversion in these 1.9 tdis......Much better and no annoying rattles or anything.