Make a donation

Author Topic: What BHP will i be running?  (Read 2112 times)

Alfalfa91

What BHP will i be running?
« on: April 08, 2015, 09:42:40 am »
Hi guys,

Is anyone able to tell me what kind of bhp i'd be running if i had a milltek catback, k&n panel filter with a bluefin chip?

Thanks.

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 38
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90017.0.html
Re: What BHP will i be running?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:05:50 pm »
Edition 30 or GTI?

I would imagine a GTI would be 250bhp ish with an ED30 around the 300bhp mark

You would also notice an increase in performance with removal of the standard down pipe pre-cat and running 99Ron petrol

Although I personally wouldnt focus on willy waving bhp figures and concentrate on how the car feels following any modification
 :happy2:

Where Napoleons armies marched with horse and musket and Hitlers Reich crumbled in blood and rubble, the warriors of Armageddon do battle against the landscape of hell now indeed thrive the ARMOURERS

Alfalfa91

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 04:14:48 pm »
Its a GTI I have,

Yeah I was just wanting a rough figure but don't think I'm going down that route anymore as I have been speaking to someone on here that has a full milltek system with decat so that sounds like a better idea then a remap.

Can you jump straight to a stage 2 map if you have all the supporting mods?

Cheers

Offline Sug

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 04:23:55 pm »
Yes, you can go stage 3 with the correct mods
EDITION 30 GONE, MK6 R GONE........AUDI 8V S3.....Stock for now

Alfalfa91

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 05:17:19 pm »
Okay cheers, does anyone know what correct maf scailing is? Is it them just mapping the maf sensor?

Offline robmcclel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 02:29:37 pm »
superchips say you'll get about 260bhp at stage 2, you need a new cold air intake though and it's more beneficial to have a full exhaust. A panel filter might not be enough for stage 2 I'm not sure on that one

Alfalfa91

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 03:08:29 pm »
Yeah i'm trying to find a second hand system preferably a decat system and I'll be looking into a intake.

Do you know where you can find the pipe section that has the MAF sensor on it's own?
Hi guys,

Is anyone able to tell me what kind of bhp i'd be running if i had a milltek catback, k&n panel filter with a bluefin chip?

Thanks.

Offline robmcclel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 03:21:36 pm »
Do the cold air intake systems not come with a pipe to hold the MAF sensor?  :confused:

Alfalfa91

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 03:25:37 pm »
Do the cold air intake systems not come with a pipe to hold the MAF sensor?  :confused:

Yeah they do but my mate has just the revo cone filter off his old Audi and its just lying about so if i manage to get the MAF sensor part I've gained a intake for cheap cheap lol

Offline robmcclel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 04:54:28 pm »
Yeah they do but my mate has just the revo cone filter off his old Audi and its just lying about so if i manage to get the MAF sensor part I've gained a intake for cheap cheap lol

Well try and contact REVO and see if they will sell the link pipe separately  :stupid: trying to find one second hand is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack cause most people will want to sell them as a full intake kit.

Offline StuF

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 38
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90017.0.html
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 04:57:43 pm »
There is a cheap induction kit going on eBay at the moment although I dont know much about the type!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111639139963?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

P.S the advert is nothing to do with me! 

Where Napoleons armies marched with horse and musket and Hitlers Reich crumbled in blood and rubble, the warriors of Armageddon do battle against the landscape of hell now indeed thrive the ARMOURERS

Alfalfa91

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 06:32:10 pm »
There is a cheap induction kit going on eBay at the moment although I dont know much about the type!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111639139963?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

P.S the advert is nothing to do with me! 

Cheers boys