Make a donation

Author Topic: Deano Gti search  (Read 52106 times)

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
Re: Deano Black Golf GTI
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2015, 11:00:14 pm »
Cheers Dave...it's getting their always stuff to do..

Per-cat delete... I know a few people have done this and got rid of the honey comb gauze stuff I don't know what kind of gains it would make but I guess it would make it less restrictive on the exhaust  gases. it gotta help?

As for the map at R-Tec. Plan was in January but it might have to slip to february now due to a few mods I want done...before I go.

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2015, 06:05:57 pm »
loving the car Deano.

Have you noticed any difference in throttle response having the induction kit fitted. I have read a lot about people saying that it makes the car lose torque low down the rev range. is it much noisier?

need to pull my finger out and start doing some more mods.

:happy2:

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2015, 10:35:15 pm »
Cheers Graham...I appreciate the comments still lots too do as always..

As for the induction kit. I heard a lot of people saying about the loss of torque low down..but to be honest it's so low not even noticeable..i was always going to remap anyway.as for the noise you do get an increased intake noise e.g the turbo spoiling and you can also hear the dump valve when changing ..who does not like that...

Hope this helps....

Offline graham-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2015, 09:51:02 pm »
Cool cheers mate. May invest in one in the new year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2016, 07:58:06 pm »
hi all..just another update..well over the last 3 weeks or so I have been collecting all the parts needed for my R32 brake conversion and to be fair their has been a lot to collect. when I decided to upgrade the brakes I thought buying some used ones  and then getting them refurbished would be a good money saving idea. How Wong I was. Anyway ended up buying a new caliper as the used one was not great so all in it has cost be £600 had a good deal on some brembo discs and pads.. got to say it has been one of the best mods so far...these and the standard GTI brakes are miles apart.. also had to run 10mm spacers up front  to clear the brakes ive got some h&R ones on order at the mo...

IMG_0410 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

My Brake cupboard

IMG_0397 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

So today I got my brakes fitted I do need to touch up the paint work in places.. Also the springs are going to be painted as  i don't like them how they are so I will colour code.

IMG_0430 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

IMG_0435 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Also gave her a bit of a clean today...

Also decided to get rid of the standard stereo/satnav MdF2  just fancied an upgrade something I can hook my iphone/iPod/ up too..I don't use sat nav much anyway so I am not going to miss it at all. So Managed to get hold of an ex demo AVH-3500DAB and and used the CT23VW01 fitting kit from car audio security which is totally adjustable. Also purchased some trim tools so glad I had those..

IMG_0423 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

IMG_0427 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

The end Result....................

IMG_0437 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

IMG_0439 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Offline Martk19871

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 14
  • Va Va Voom
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,100145.msg983012.html#msg983012
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2016, 08:21:51 pm »
Looking gooood man, been checking in on this every now and again  :happy2:

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2016, 02:52:27 pm »
HI...not much going on at the moment due to the weather really want to get this pre-cat mod done...thought about getting another cat of ebay and doing the mod that way..need this done before I get it remapped at R-tech....Anyway few little things arrived into post.

IMG_0444 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Another new set of 10mm front spacers due to the first pair not being hub-centric ...I'm now thinking do I get a pair of 10mm spacers for the rear. At the moment I'm running 3mm spacers.

As I have a new head-unit I decided to get rid of the old CD changer. So replaced it with the iPod dock instead I't looks cleaner I think much better.

From This...

IMG_0426 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

To This...

IMG_0446 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

And last of all decided to replace both my front and rear badges I got fed up of the black badges to replaced with new chrome ones...

IMG_0449 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

MK6 Badge on the rear with my mk5 slow close handle....

IMG_0451 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Offline gticc

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2016, 11:37:16 pm »
That looks great! The new badges really freshens up the apperence.

Offline gixerben

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92657.msg930393.html#msg930393
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2016, 03:06:12 pm »
Hope the ipod docks working ok.... :happy2:
Pirelli GTI

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2016, 08:34:17 pm »
Sorry for the late Reply..fits like a glove and working perfect ....cheers.

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2016, 07:44:05 pm »
Hi not updated anything for a while but now the weathers getting better i got to do a couple of small jobs done ..first of all decided to replace my wing mirror indicator lens mine were looking yellow so got myself a pair of genuine vw items ..miles better I now have replaced all the lights on the car. it's the small things that count we all now that..........

Before

During

After

Anyway  all was fine until the afternoon when the engine warning light came on..The car did not feel any different so I cracked on. once I was home I plugged in my £25 engine code reader I got from ebay.. Which came up with the code P0441 EMISSION CONTROL INCORRECT FLOW. So decided to do a bit a research then went back to the car checked the carbon canister and pipe work for breaks or splits nothing.. but this valve was making a lot of noise so decided to replace it..I then turned off the engine light job done.

New Valve

And Fitted

Next job was to replace the grill fed up of it being faded.... so I brought is an after market one off ebay. The build quality is great apart from the gti badge and the red pin stripe. Its very good and a perfect fit I used the pin stripe and gti badge of my original grill..going to use the old grill for a project respray graphite Gray and gloss back...and a different pin stripe colour

Old Grill

NEW GRILL

And Fitted

NEW YELLOW FOG LIGHT BULBS

And fitted

[size=14pt]Black coolant and washer bottle caps

I think these will look great on the brakes once I have repainted them not the cheapest things in the world....also been thinking and have decided to do the R32 rear exhaust and valance I know I should have done it first time round so will be selling my milltek soon I guess,,,,

[/size]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 07:31:32 pm by Deano45 »

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2016, 09:34:38 am »
Looks great now! :happy2:

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2016, 10:58:03 am »
Hi not updated anything for a while but now the weathers getting better i got to do a couple of small jobs done ..first of all decided to replace my wing mirror indicator lens mine were looking yellow so got myself a pair of genuine vw items ..miles better I now have replaced all the lights on the car. it's the small things that count we all now that..........

Before

During

After

Anyway  all was fine until the afternoon when the engine warning light came on..The car did not feel any different so I cracked on. once I was home I plugged in my £25 engine code reader I got from ebay.. Which came up with the code P0441 EMISSION CONTROL INCORRECT FLOW. So decided to do a bit a research then went back to the car checked the carbon canister and pipe work for breaks or splits nothing.. but this valve was making a lot of noise so decided to replace it..I then turned off the engine light job done.

New Valve

And Fitted

Next job was to replace the grill fed up of it being faded.... so I brought is an after market one off ebay. The build quality is great apart from the gti badge and the red pin stripe. Its very good and a perfect fit I used the pin stripe and gti badge of my original grill..going to use the old grill for a project respray graphite Gray and gloss back...and a different pin stripe colour

Old Grill

NEW GRILL

And Fitted

NEW YELLOW FOG LIGHT BULBS

And fitted

[size=14pt]Black coolant and washer bottle caps

I think these will look great on the brakes once I have repainted them not the cheapest things in the world....also been thinking and have decided to do the R32 rear exhaust and valance I know I should have done it first time round so will be selling my milltek soon I guess,,,,

[/size]

You've done a great job so far, let me know if you decide to sell the miltek and rear valence

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2016, 07:55:51 pm »
cheers for the comments guys...I appreciate it..Just a small update ive got the week off work . Weathers great so decided to get amongst it and crack on with the brakes giving them a quick coat and then get the new spring clips fitted also gave the disc inners a coat of hammerite smooth they came out well and with the new clips it looks 10o% better

I have had the R32 rear on my mind ever since having the car so on Saturday I ordered my new rear valance so now it is defiantly going ahead and should be here in a couple of days ...so now the most important thing the exhaust I think I'm going to stay with milltek new cat-back £560 at the moment but I know I can get a BCS cat-back for £600 I think I'm right in that...need a day or two to ponder on them both ...my mate has told me to go custom and save some money...I'm not so sure about custom exhausts...

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2016, 08:02:54 pm »
Hi,..... white91 also forgot yeah I will be selling the milltek and the valance..both in excellent condition..will let you know.