Make a donation

Author Topic: Deano Gti search  (Read 51952 times)

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
Re: Deano Black Golf GTI
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2016, 09:18:57 pm »
No problem their...H&R springs are good. And work well on standard shocks

as for your remap ...you have a good list of places to visit....I have herd a lot of good things about AMD

always stuff to do....

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2016, 10:09:56 pm »
Hi everyone  another small date for ya.., decided to give the car a good clean 2 bucket wash and a meguiars clay bar to get rid of all those contaminates i must say it works a treat. I then went over it in poorboy's blackhole glaze and the finished it off will dodo juice blue velvet wax...i must say i was very impressed with the finished car. i know a lot of people have recommended but they are right ..fantastic....

IMG_0606 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

next up managed to find a genuine mk6 golf gti down pipe +cat on ebay which i brought for a steal. It was in better condition than my original one and carried out a pre-cat delete on it ...i brought a new gasket and bolts from vw and then got that fitted ...The exhaust now has a slightly deeper Tone and the turbo seems to spool up quicker .... overall a great free mod..plus car feels quicker big grin...

IMG_0699 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

And last of all another great little find and great little mod vw scirocco interior rear view mirror..it still has auto-dimming function but better than that it looks far cooler than then original mirror..it should have come like this from the start..

IMG_0710 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

And fitted

IMG_0715 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Offline Rippers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 20
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,105772.0.html
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2016, 10:23:15 pm »
Hi everyone  another small date for ya.., decided to give the car a good clean 2 bucket wash and a meguiars clay bar to get rid of all those contaminates i must say it works a treat. I then went over it in poorboy's blackhole glaze and the finished it off will dodo juice blue velvet wax...i must say i was very impressed with the finished car. i know a lot of people have recommended but they are right ..fantastic....

IMG_0606 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

next up managed to find a genuine mk6 golf gti down pipe +cat on ebay which i brought for a steal. It was in better condition than my original one and carried out a pre-cat delete on it ...i brought a new gasket and bolts from vw and then got that fitted ...The exhaust now has a slightly deeper Tone and the turbo seems to spool up quicker .... overall a great free mod..plus car feels quicker big grin...

Love a bit of poorboys.

Offline Rippers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 20
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,105772.0.html
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2016, 10:24:12 pm »
Looks good mate  :happy2:

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2016, 10:36:42 pm »
Cheers rippers ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: September 08, 2016, 10:08:50 am »
OK time for another little update...so ever since i got my R32 rear. The side skirts and front valance have not quite fitted in so i thought it was time to get that sorted. So the plan was to remove the old ones and get them sent for painting but found out that mine have had a hard previous life with broken brackets and cracks underneath the skirt  so to that end the bin was the only place they were going. So set about looking for some replacements came across some R32 side skirts from the company i got my R32 rear valance from.

IMG_0042 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Started to remove the old side skirts why i was doing that thought it was a good idea to clean behind the wheel arch and this lot came out.......

IMG_0043 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Anyway test fitted the skirts and then dropped off at the body-shop for painting the guys did an awesome job with a 24 hour turn around here they are all painted and fitted i must say looks so much better than that dull plastic .....

IMG_0045 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

IMG_0050 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

next on the too do list is get the edition 30 valance painted also thinking about getting maybe a Jetta/R line grill and a lower front Splitter..who knows.......

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 05:44:12 pm by Deano45 »

Offline Martk19871

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 14
  • Va Va Voom
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,100145.msg983012.html#msg983012
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2016, 12:35:18 pm »
Good as ever mate. Where did you get the skirts and are they the smoothed kind and do they come primed? Desperate to get my skirts painted next month.

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2016, 02:43:58 pm »
Hi MartK

The good new the skirts come ready to go to paint nice and easy. The body shop even commented on the lack of work needed on their part. The skirts are R32 smooth not textured like gti.

I got them from this company HZ PERFORMANCE.COM

Hope this helps ya.......

By the way them tyres look great ...i need some of them...lol

Offline Martk19871

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 14
  • Va Va Voom
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,100145.msg983012.html#msg983012
« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2016, 07:28:53 pm »
Hi MartK

The good new the skirts come ready to go to paint nice and easy. The body shop even commented on the lack of work needed on their part. The skirts are R32 smooth not textured like gti.

I got them from this company HZ PERFORMANCE.COM

Hope this helps ya.......

By the way them tyres look great ...i need some of them...lol

Cheers mate, I will have a look. Ha yeah they're proper decent tyres, really recommend them.

Offline Ollieeee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2016, 01:09:48 pm »
HI...not much going on at the moment due to the weather really want to get this pre-cat mod done...thought about getting another cat of ebay and doing the mod that way..need this done before I get it remapped at R-tech....Anyway few little things arrived into post.

IMG_0444 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

Another new set of 10mm front spacers due to the first pair not being hub-centric ...I'm now thinking do I get a pair of 10mm spacers for the rear. At the moment I'm running 3mm spacers.

As I have a new head-unit I decided to get rid of the old CD changer. So replaced it with the iPod dock instead I't looks cleaner I think much better.

From This...

IMG_0426 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

To This...

IMG_0446 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

And last of all decided to replace both my front and rear badges I got fed up of the black badges to replaced with new chrome ones...

IMG_0449 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

MK6 Badge on the rear with my mk5 slow close handle....

IMG_0451 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

I know the badge thing's been discussed to death but just for a definite answer, is this just a Mk6 110mm badge on the Mk5 handle?

I want to keep the soft close so was thinking of flatting the Mk5 handle down and painting it then sticking the Mk6 badge to it, did it need any trimming or anything?

Cheers

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2016, 12:06:46 am »
Hi ,ollieeee

Yes mine is a mk6 badge on a mk5 slow close handle ...colour coding is a great little mod..As for the badge itself it will require you to remove some of the tabs on the back of the badge ...it's really easy ..when finished you should be left with a large tab and small tab in the centre of the badge the rest can be removed with a Stanley knife use the badge backing plate as a guide...

Offline Ollieeee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2016, 09:44:20 am »
Hi ,ollieeee

Yes mine is a mk6 badge on a mk5 slow close handle ...colour coding is a great little mod..As for the badge itself it will require you to remove some of the tabs on the back of the badge ...it's really easy ..when finished you should be left with a large tab and small tab in the centre of the badge the rest can be removed with a Stanley knife use the badge backing plate as a guide...

Yeah it bugs me every time I look at the handle now so want to get it sorted. Ok, so presuming you have to take the front off the Mk5 slow close handle to see which of the Mk6 tabs to keep?

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2016, 10:23:49 am »
ok buddy...i will get you a picture as soon as.......

Offline BezzaB

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2016, 05:04:55 pm »
Car looks great mate. I've just bought a 56 plate with the same mileage as when you purchased yours so will be pinching a few ideas to get her running sweet.

Offline Deano45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2016, 05:10:32 pm »
Cheers for the comments buddy... you will find loads of inspiration on here...