Make a donation

Author Topic: Someone just reversed into my car  (Read 5949 times)

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Someone just reversed into my car
« on: December 05, 2009, 07:56:49 pm »
 :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

i just have some questions (never having been in a accident)

if i need a courtesy car, am i right in thinking their insurance company pays for it? or do i have to have it on my policy?

Now if a hpi check is done on my car, am i right in thinking that it will now show its been in a accident? and does that mean my car will be given a clasification i.e cat d?

Can i chose the garage the work gets done at?

Do i have to pay my excess and claim it back?

Some questions may seem very basic...but im not exactly in a thinking mood! thanks!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Someone just reversed into my car
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 08:00:32 pm »
First off sorry to hear about this. A lot depends on yourinsurance company and policy. If they reversed into you and there are no liability issues, you shouldn't have to shell out anything

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 08:01:28 pm »
yea i was nowhere near the car, he came and let me know he just reversed into my car.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 08:56:40 pm »
Good to hear some people still own up to their mistakes.

With no liability issues, you will not have to shell out any money for anything and the third party's insurance will cover all related out of pocket expenses. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 09:10:49 pm »
you can go to a body shop of your choice and get them to deal with the third party's insurance direct and not pay a penny :happy2:

Nick S

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 09:14:24 pm »
Use an accident management company theres loads of them, you don't even have to tell your insurance company.  You'll get a like for like courtesy car and not have to lift a finger.

As for HPI it only shows if the car is a total loss

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 09:39:19 pm »
Thats a real bummer ED  :sad1:

And no matter what they tell you, you are definitely aloud to select your own company for the repair work, and i would advise you do this.  :happy2:

Use an accident management company theres loads of them, you don't even have to tell your insurance company.  You'll get a like for like courtesy car and not have to lift a finger.

What do you mean you dont have to tell your own insurance company.  :chicken: They are going to find out when the other insurance company try to find out if Eds car was insured.  :smiley:

Nick S

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 09:43:45 pm »
Bloke hit the missus car last year from behind at a set of lights. We informed an accident management company.  They did everything, we didnt contact our insurers.  No paying of excess no nothing.  If you go through your own insurance you will have to pay it even if its a non fault accident then they will give it you back in 6 months time.

Only problem was we had to suffer a peugeot 306CC as they had no  Mini Cooper S'

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 09:48:14 pm »
Thats a real bummer ED  :sad1:

And no matter what they tell you, you are definitely aloud to select your own company for the repair work, and i would advise you do this.  :happy2:

Use an accident management company theres loads of them, you don't even have to tell your insurance company.  You'll get a like for like courtesy car and not have to lift a finger.

What do you mean you dont have to tell your own insurance company.  :chicken: They are going to find out when the other insurance company try to find out if Eds car was insured.  :smiley:

Honestly mate, you don't need to involve your insurance company, someone hit my misses's car in a car park last year, took it for a quote and the body repair centre dealt with the 3rd party company and didn't need to contact ours :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 09:55:03 pm »
All insurance i have ever had has always said inform us immediately if the car is involved in a accident. Well you learn something new every day.   :happy2:

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 10:57:06 pm »
well he is guna tell his insurance and and has my insurance details.

Link to the company you used to manage the accident?

Nick S

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 11:51:27 pm »
If you take it to the bodyshop you want to use they will probably have one they deal with.  I cant recall the one we used, sorry.

edit.  They were called Kindertons, based in Crewe, but as I said most bodyshops have one they deal with.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:54:47 pm by Nick S »

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 12:40:43 am »
Good to hear some people still own up to their mistakes.

With no liability issues, you will not have to shell out any money for anything and the third party's insurance will cover all related out of pocket expenses. :happy2:

i was in a block of flats and he came to find me, he was very apologetic and shaken up. i was just amazed he came to find me, 99% of people would just drive off.

i know which body shop i want to use but the idea of getting a like for like car is tempting.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 08:20:38 am »
If your insurance company ever find out that you were in an accident, it could spell trouble. But it's your choice.

Anyway, I know how you feel but at least someone's said something. Some tosser reversed into my car, scratched the paintwork and an alloy, and drove off. Thank God no dents or wheel alignment issues.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 12:15:12 pm »
im not sure what to do now.....if my insurance find out things are guna be worse for me???