Make a donation

Author Topic: 2.0 TFSI running temps  (Read 1173 times)

Offline JohnRJB

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
2.0 TFSI running temps
« on: July 01, 2015, 11:24:10 pm »
Hi all, recently changed my main thermostat and coolant sensor as the car was cooling down on motorway runs since changing the parts the cars run spot on and temps stayed bang in the middle on 90, my issue now is that the hoses seem so hot you can't hold on to them and car take an age to cool down after long journeys, question being is this normal for the TFSI or have I got another problem in the cooling system.

Offline PM30S

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Edition 30 Revo Stage 2+
    • Email
Re: 2.0 TFSI running temps
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 01:57:52 pm »
Hi
I have an Ed 30 stage 2+ my temp on the dash once warm stays at 90c regardless of the cars movement. I.E on motorway or stuck in traffic.
With regards to the engine hoses temp you have to remember that your car is turboed and generates a lot of heat. I cannot hold any of my water pipes in my engine bay either when my car is warm as they are 10c below boiling point.
Plus you have heat soak from the turbo which is transferred to everything in your engine bay.
Don't know why you need to hold your hoses once they are hot!
Hope this helps
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:59:52 pm by PM30S »

Offline A3_Atif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 02:41:35 pm »
My TFSI takes aaaages to cool down too if I've been driving hard or its had a motorway run. I'll park up, come back out after an hour and the needle will shoot straight upto 80-90!

Offline JohnRJB

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 05:33:33 pm »
I understand what your saying about the heat soak just that I was having coil pack issues and pulled off the motorway and everything felt hot an old skool way we was taught of checking if you was getting a false reading on your temp gauge was to check the heat of the rad pipes and I was just shocked at how hot my pipes were