Make a donation

Author Topic: Outdoor Karting  (Read 3018 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Outdoor Karting
« on: June 30, 2015, 02:36:09 pm »
Hello.

I've been wanting to arrange this for years but just never got round to it. Having done a few open events on my own in the last couple of months though I've got the bug again so thought I'd give it a proper try.

For the rest of 2015
I'm hoping to arrange a couple of races where I either book the track exclusively, or just email round and get a big group to join an existing open race.

For 2016
I'm trying to organise a hire kart amateur championship. If your aiming to be the next Lewis Hamilton, this may not be for you. There is no prize at the end and no scouts there to notice you. Club100 do a great championship where they take their own 2 stroke karts around and you can turn up and race but its around £200 per event.

What this is though is a great, affordable way to feel part of a championship and race with some competitive amateur karters.

By using the tracks hire karts I'm hoping to keep each round to around £65. There will be a membership fee (yet to be determined) which will give me a float of money with which to pay deposits for tracks etc. Members will then benefit from slightly cheaper prices (i.e. members race £65, non members wishing to join a couple of events each season will be £75). Some venues may be more expensive than others but I'm currently in negotiations to get competitive prices from all.

Obviously the more interest I get and the more people that sign up the better the prices MAY get as a bigger group will increase my bargaining potential.

Rest assured, I'm not in this to make a profit and if for whatever reason once people have started paying membership fees, the season does not go ahead, all payments will be refunded promptly. Money will be kept in my paypal account until a track is booked and its very easy to just hit refund via paypal and the money goes straight back to your paypal account. People without a paypal account can pay direct on a card via paypal and again this can be refunded direct to your card if needed

Proposed Rules
  • The aim is to visit one track per month from Feb - Nov.
  • Each race will be around 30 minutes with a few laps practice before.
  • Each time the grid will be the reverse of the championship order to keep things interesting. First race may be a proper qualifying.
  • There will be 2 weight categories in the same race so people that are not built like a racing snake can still be competitive in their own category.
  • The winner of each category each race will be able to enter the next event with a 50% discount.
  • Each driver can drop their worst 2 scores from the season (including if you did not attend that race.. i.e. if you are on holiday etc)
  • 1st gets 25 points, 2nd 22 points, 3rd 20 points, 4th 19 points with decreasing points all the way down to 22nd gets 1 point.
  • Fastest racing lap per event gets 1 bonus point.
  • Most positions gained throughout the race gets 1 bonus point.

I will look into getting a little trophy made for the overall yearly winner of the championship.

As yet I don't have a name for this little venture.. suggestions welcome :)

Races will either be on a weekend day or as late as possible in the evening of a week day. All dates and times will be published at the start of the season to give everyone the maximum time to arrange their diaries.

Tracks I'm approaching and planning to race at. Some of these are already on board.

So at the moment I'm just collecting email addresses for those that would be interested. please mail me at nathanwillits@icloud.com

I probably won't reply but I will add your email to my list. All emails will be sent out as BCC undisclosed recipients so your details will be kept private and at any point if you wish to be removed from the list just let me know and I will delete your email address.

Once I have more tracks signed up and a better idea of the final price I'll email round and it will be first come first served for membership.

At the moment I'm hoping for 20-25 committed people to do the whole season and then any extra spaces at each race can be filled by one off drivers.

If this proves much more popular than 20 members then I can always book 2 races but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Many thanks in advance. Hope this will be of interest to some of you.

Nathan
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:09:56 am by jedi-knight83 »
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
Re: Outdoor Karting
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 05:50:43 pm »
Great idea! I would love this but would struggle getting any time off work.
http://www.kartpfi.com
Suggestion for your race calendar. Me and sone work mates got taken there with one of our suppliers and it was brilliant!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 07:04:37 pm »
Great idea! I would love this but would struggle getting any time off work.
http://www.kartpfi.com
Suggestion for your race calendar. Me and sone work mates got taken there with one of our suppliers and it was brilliant!

Not sure if the races will be evenings or at the weekend yet. I'd like to get as many as possible on a weekend as probably a greater chance people will be free.

Race dates will be published well in advance as well so people can plan their diaries.

Don't forget to email me on nathanwillits@icloud.com to register your interest.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 09:14:44 am »
27 Email addresses on my list now

By popular demand I've added Lydd to the list. Only down side is they can only run 16 karts at a time so we'd probably have to split the races for that track but if people want to go there then we will.

Don't forget, if your interested pop me an email at nathanwillits@icloud.com , your not signing up for anything at the moment, just registering interest. Once I have all the details complete I can then email everyone and see who would like to proceed.

Thanks.

Nathan

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 02:26:32 pm »
Just back from holiday. I've added emails to the list of everyone thats emailed me. 32 on the list so far.

Anyone else interested see the first post for details.

I'll be arranging a 1 off race at lakeside for this August as well which I'll email about and probably post up here as well.

Thanks.