Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI Forge TWINtake air intake - Review....  (Read 229097 times)

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
Re: GTI Forge TWINtake air intake - Review....
« Reply #315 on: July 04, 2012, 01:47:51 pm »
Cheers. Albeit that my GTi is a 2005 model, when it was on the RR with R Tech a few weeks back (after my Twintake was fitted and full BCS Powervalve exhaust with sportscat), it only made 210 bhp and c.250 lbs torque (stock map), although that could be down to various reasons!!??  :confused:

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #316 on: July 04, 2012, 04:17:50 pm »
Cheers. Albeit that my GTi is a 2005 model, when it was on the RR with R Tech a few weeks back (after my Twintake was fitted and full BCS Powervalve exhaust with sportscat), it only made 210 bhp and c.250 lbs torque (stock map), although that could be down to various reasons!!??  :confused:

whats wrong with that? your car is standard in terms of a map so all your relying on is the stock ecu to adjust slightly. Its only when mapped that your going to benefit.

I had fuel pump, intake, turbo back exhaust and i made 28bhp more, that's after driving it like that for 100 or so miles.

Plus you have the all the RR tolerances to take into account.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #317 on: July 04, 2012, 04:30:42 pm »
^^^^
As edd says, you not only need a remap but also a high-flow TBE exhaust system to see/feel any power/torque benefit gains from adding an aftermarket high-flow tubular air intake such as a Twintake. I hoped I had made that clear in my first post - If not, I'll revise it.

On the whistling subject queries, still no-one picks up the phone at Forge all afternoon. I'll keep on trying....  :popcornsoda:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #318 on: July 04, 2012, 06:18:04 pm »
No worries RR, u were clear alright! I guess that I had only 1 missing like, ie the remap (the driving force pardon the pun), as my full BCS TBE was already fitted by then. I guess I was just a tad disappointed that well over a grand had produced only 13 bhp over stock, yet a fifth of that a mere fifth of that was the main gainer, lol! I maybe shud have considered the fact that only after ALL 3 mods wud any real results b felt!? Maybe I shud have had it on RR with everything stock beforehand, c if I got the alleged 197 bhp, bearing in mind my GTi is 7 yrs old!?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #319 on: July 04, 2012, 07:30:34 pm »
Mine is 7 yrs old too, and still going strong  :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #320 on: July 04, 2012, 07:34:06 pm »
Mine has only done 45k miles, lol! Wat were yr last RR figures then Robin, if u dont mind me asking??

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #321 on: July 04, 2012, 08:05:03 pm »

Mine has only done 45k miles, lol! Wat were yr last RR figures then Robin, if u dont mind me asking??

....No prob you asking at all  :happy2:

At JKM 26th May: 252 bhp / 300 ft lb but it was a poor day for dyno conditions. But healthy smooth curves plotted (as usual).

My previous best has been 269 bhp. Rolling-roads are a bit of a lottery. She drives fine and that's what matters to me.

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #322 on: July 04, 2012, 08:25:41 pm »
Yeap, roughly same as the figures I got too! My small fan is broken, so having that and the thermostat, etc changed next wk, then the N75 (Nick suggested that), the plugs, then go bak to them in a few wks, see if theres any difference!?

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #323 on: July 05, 2012, 09:12:34 am »
last night I heard a howling sound too from the Intake..anybody else get this??

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #324 on: July 05, 2012, 09:18:59 am »
Was it Midnight?

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #325 on: July 05, 2012, 12:39:10 pm »
Was it Midnight?

Yeah mate,at 12ish..I thought it was a wolf :smiley:

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #326 on: July 05, 2012, 12:59:13 pm »
last night I heard a howling sound too from the Intake..anybody else get this??

Well finally have one of these myself. A mere 14 months in waiting. I installed it tonight, i'm having that constantly between 3500 - 4100rpm.
Whats causing it? How do you we get rid of it?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #327 on: July 05, 2012, 01:16:21 pm »
I have now been regularly phoning Forge for 24 hrs and they still don't answer their phone!! :fighting:

Forge staff are a nice bunch of people and their products good and beautifully manufactured, but sometimes they just behave like a typical old-fashioned inefficient British company of the sort that are lucky to survive. No wonder much of British industry is uncompetitive.

I may have to email them, but if they can only field emails, why publicise their phone number? [/rant]

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #328 on: July 05, 2012, 01:34:09 pm »
I'll be honest and say that i actually quite like this 'whistling' noise, amongst others, but if this is a noise that suggests something is not quite right, then yes, it's something that needs to be addressed!? I shall look forward to the outcome...

Andrew

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #329 on: July 05, 2012, 06:50:01 pm »
I have now been regularly phoning Forge for 24 hrs and they still don't answer their phone!! :fighting:

Forge staff are a nice bunch of people and their products good and beautifully manufactured, but sometimes they just behave like a typical old-fashioned inefficient British company of the sort that are lucky to survive. No wonder much of British industry is uncompetitive.

I may have to email them, but if they can only field emails, why publicise their phone number? [/rant]

funny... i phoned that number you gave me the other day and they answered right away and were very helpful.. maybe they have you on caller ID now???  :P :happy2:
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO