Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Mk5 General Area / Should I replace my turbo? *Attached picture*
« Last post by Reeceyy on May 09, 2024, 07:38:07 pm »
Should I replace my turbo?? Looks to have a crack in it although the car is still boosting well. I do have a p0299 code popping up too with an oil leak that I'm not sure that could be related to this.

Let me know :)

How to Guides / Troubleshooting / Re: Mk5 gti code p0299
« Last post by Reeceyy on May 09, 2024, 01:37:38 pm »
I also have the p0299 code. Ive just noticed that i have the hairline crack on the turbo, exhaust side too. Still boost well the car and theres no strange whistles. The problem with my car is that its also leaking oil badly and im still not sure where its coming from. Is yours leaking oil too?
Mk5 General Area / Re: 62% insurance increase anyone?
« Last post by TheBALDpuma on May 09, 2024, 01:00:51 pm »
I was surprised at a relatively cheap quote this year.  With mods decalred through Flux I'm paying £550.  I ran a comparethemarket to see what I'd get without the (very small number) of mods, and it was £350.  All cheaper than last year.

For context I'm 36, have about 14years NCB, an SP30 to declare, but live in a BD (bradford) postcode, albiet in a nice area the BD prefix puts the price up. Greenlight wouldn't even quote me.

Who did you go with on Compare?

Well I insured through flux to keep it all above board. The cheap quote on compare was through ageas... Incidentally they're the same people who underwrite my flux policy.
Mk5 General Area / Re: MK5 GTI - Just completely died whilst driving!
« Last post by GreigC on May 09, 2024, 12:34:33 pm »
Turned out to be RELAY B1 under the dashboard (under the steering wheel)

£20 from TPS.
« Last post by Lewo on May 09, 2024, 10:09:07 am »
@fakie good prices but not really a like for like insurance situation!
« Last post by Lewo on May 09, 2024, 10:07:33 am »
I was surprised at a relatively cheap quote this year.  With mods decalred through Flux I'm paying £550.  I ran a comparethemarket to see what I'd get without the (very small number) of mods, and it was £350.  All cheaper than last year.

For context I'm 36, have about 14years NCB, an SP30 to declare, but live in a BD (bradford) postcode, albiet in a nice area the BD prefix puts the price up. Greenlight wouldn't even quote me.

Who did you go with on Compare?
« Last post by TheBALDpuma on May 08, 2024, 04:08:12 pm »

« Last post by bacillus on May 08, 2024, 02:57:31 pm »
there is a 433 relay behind the cubby box but can't say if the car has more than one...
« Last post by GreigC on May 08, 2024, 12:01:42 pm »
Check the battery ground cable that goes from the gearbox to the chassis, seen them fail before. No idea on the relay sorry.

Thank you for the reply. I’ll check that.
Mk5 General Area / 62% insurance increase anyone?
« Last post by fakie1977 on May 08, 2024, 10:34:51 am »
This is for my 2004 Porsche 911 (standard). My Mk5 GTI which was renewed in March came in a quid cheaper (again standard). Between those cars I do less than 3000 miles and they’re both garaged so that probably helps. (Just noticed the Porsche is cheaper than my GTI!!)

My daily driver is my company car so I never have to worry about insurance, road tax or service for that (which is why I can afford my toys). I’ve just order the new BMW i5 Touring as my replacement company car so be interesting to see how a full electric fits in our household.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]